carcinogens

Post all your health and safety law questions in here, whether it's case law, general law, individual Acts or Regulations you are challenged with, we are all here to help.

Moderator: Moderators

mr carpenter

carcinogens

Post by mr carpenter »

I have been told by a nebosh tutor that identifiable health surveillance records for carcinogens have to be held for 50 rather than 40 yrs but i cant find that anywhere.
Ashanti
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Ashanti »

Hello Mr Carpenter, I can't see anything about 50 years either, The COSSH 2002 Regulations apply except for ones with their own Regulations such as asbestos & lead:

"where employees are exposed to a substance linked to a particular disease or adverse health effect AND there is reasonable likelihood under the conditions of the work of that disease or adverse health effect occurring AND it is possible to detect the disease or adverse health effect. Suitable records must be kept for 40 years."

I must admit I haven't looked at the Carcinogens ACOP (Booklet L5-General COSSH ACOP, Carcinogens ACOP and Biological Agents ACOP(HSE) ISBN 0 7176 1670 3) so maybe there is something in it about carcinogens being different. Then again it could be for insurance purposes.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy