Sunday - 28 April 2024

Exactly what the title implies...pop in and say "good morning" or even "good evening" and tell us what's on the cards for today or how your day went.

Moderator: Moderators

WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Sunday - 28 April 2024

Post by WillPool »

Morning All :wave:

Another warm, but humid morning (expected rain didn't happen) but 29C at 08:00am [smilie=smiley-faces67.gif]

Mostly flying the office desk today with meetings and monthly reports to commence ../.

It is also World Day for Safety and Health at Work. I am not a fan of 'a day for this and a day for that' as a safety professional every day is a health & safety day :)

Have a great Sunday ./thumbsup..

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Sunday - 28 April 2024

Post by Alexis »

A very good Morning to you Will and all our HSfBers from this chilly and drizzly Central Belt of Scotland. .cheers

Agree 100% that every day is a safety day at work. Not too sure if it actually makes a difference to individuals in a normal run of the mill work day once the working day pressures take over.

Read an article on the World Day for Safety and Health and was surprised that it is also "the International Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured Workers organized worldwide by the trade union movement since 1996." I wasn't aware of that!

https://www.un.org/en/observances/work-safety-day

I was a pre-HSWA worker who fought for better conditions in the workplace by joining the only union available for my industry at the time to try and make a difference.

Bit by bit I do think my particular workplace management did think again and did make some changes for the safety and health of their workforce eventually, but I had to bear "penalties" (including Constructive Dismissal) along the way for my persistence, therefore if World Day for Safety and Health highlights the illnesses endured and lives lost through lack of safety in the workplace, from pre-HSWA to now, then it has to be a good thing.

See what you've done Will!!!! :lol: :protest: :lol:

I'll just get on with my Sunday quietly in the background now. :rolleyes: :lol:

Happy Sunday Everyone. .cheers
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy