Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NCRQ UPDATES IN THIS POST

Post by Alexis »

New post on our FB Group page this evening.

Seems an email from the Administrators has been sent out to everyone incorrectly showing everyone’s email addresses. Not good!
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Ader1
Student
Student

Post by Ader1 »

Alexis wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:09 pm New post on our FB Group page this evening.

Seems an email from the Administrators has been sent out to everyone incorrectly showing everyone’s email addresses. Not good!
I received this. Of course, this isn't good but it's really a side issue, isn't it? What I'm concerned about is the time spent studying and working on assignments not to mention the costs without the desired qualification at the end of it.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Ader1 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:29 pm
Alexis wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:09 pm New post on our FB Group page this evening.

I received this. Of course, this isn't good but it's really a side issue, isn't it? What I'm concerned about is the time spent studying and working on assignments not to mention the costs without the desired qualification at the end of it.
I know Ader. The desired qualification side of this of course is the main issue, which I have no up to date information on sorry.

Ader1
Student
Student

Post by Ader1 »

I telephoned AIM this morning and according to the guy I spoke to, they are still trying to find another training provider to offer the course but there probably won't be any updates now until the new year.

There's a Webinar being held by Phoenix Health and Safety regarding what students may do next at 13.00 this coming Friday. They will make a recording of it if you cannot attend. But you need to sign up to attend or receive the recording.

Does anyone know if anybody has contacted their MP regarding this fiasco?
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Ader1 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:51 am I telephoned AIM this morning and according to the guy I spoke to, they are still trying to find another training provider to offer the course but there probably won't be any updates now until the new year.

There's a Webinar being held by Phoenix Health and Safety regarding what students may do next at 13.00 this coming Friday. They will make a recording of it if you cannot attend. But you need to sign up to attend or receive the recording.

Does anyone know if anybody has contacted their MP regarding this fiasco?
Thank you very much for this update Ader. ./thumbsup..

I will sign up to the Webinar with Phoenix. ./thumbsup..

Ader1
Student
Student

Post by Ader1 »

I also received this email today from AIM.

"Re: NCRQ

Thank you for completing our online form and supplying additional information.
As these are exceptional circumstances, AIM has taken the decision to commission an assessment service to mark and grade final assignments (where possible).
We can see that you were registered on the HSD3 - Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health & Safety qualification but we are not in possession of your assignment. If you are still hoping to have your assignment marked, please email your final assignment to HSD3@aimgroup.org.uk
Please note:
· When you submit your work please include your full name and student number in the title of the email.
· You have until 30 September 2023 to submit your assignment to us. Assignments sent after this date will not be marked.
· There will be no resubmissions.
Once we have received your work it will be sent to an assessor for marking. They will then contact you to provide feedback and, if appropriate, set a date for your validation interview. If the outcome of your assignment and interview are positive, we will send you an email and your e-certificate, confirming successful completion of this qualification.
As you will be aware, there have been a number of challenges that we have had to address in order to ensure the integrity of the qualification and to identify and communicate with the learners affected by the demise of the training provider, NCRQ. We thank you for your patience and wish you well for the future.
Kind regards
Stacy Cockbill
Compliance Director "

It's not really of any use to me as I hadn't pressed the button to request for the final assignment and had therefor not received it. So unfair.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Thank you again Ader.

Can you not apply now?

Ader1
Student
Student

Post by Ader1 »

Alexis wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:20 pm Thank you again Ader.

Can you not apply now?
I did send AIM a request for the final assignment, but I don't think they will do so. Do you remember the security involved when being sent an NRCQ assignment? It wasn't possible to copy it etc and only print off one copy etc. Can AIM send out the assignments?

I've just written to my MP about this whole fiasco. Probably won't do any good.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

I see what you mean Ader!

Good luck with the local MP although, like you, I doubt they can do anything.

It may help your own personal thoughts that you have done all you can, albeit no compensation for the terrible situation you and many others are in through no fault of your own.

Rooting for you Ader. 👌

stretch3144
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Health and Safety Consultant

Post by stretch3144 »

Quick question - I completed the NCRQ Diploma in 2018 and have the post nominals DipNCRQ. Can I still use them?
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

stretch3144 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:59 am Quick question - I completed the NCRQ Diploma in 2018 and have the post nominals DipNCRQ. Can I still use them?
Very interesting question Stretch.

I believe the qualification remains valid, therefore, I would say so too are the post noms., but I am not positive.

Maybe phone NEBOSH and see what they say?

Will you let us know if you find anything positive on this please Stretch? .salut

In the meantime, I am on the hunt for the definitive answer also. ./thumbsup..

stretch3144
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Health and Safety Consultant

Post by stretch3144 »

I contacted Ofqual to enquire if my NCRQ Diploma and post nominals still stand:
Dear Ian,

Thank you for contacting Ofqual Public Enquiries.

Post nominals are not within our remit. However, I can confirm that, for anyone who achieves a qualifications and has been certificated, regardless of the status of the centre (school, college or training provider) or awarding organisation, the qualification achieved still stands.

I have provided you with a link to the Ofqual Register which displays the qualification, 'AIM Qualifications Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety' (qualification number 601/5735/5).

[The Register of Regulated Qualifications: AIM Qualifications Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety details (ofqual.gov.uk)](https://register.ofqual.gov.uk/Detail/I ... 2F5735%2F5)

Yours sincerely,

Naidene Shah

Support Officer - Public Enquiries, Ofqual

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy