Lone working

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Ader1
Student
Student

Lone working

Post by Ader1 »

What kind of systems are there for a company to ensure that someone who is working alone late at a company to ensure that this person leaves the place of work without injury etc? Or it could be someone working on a Saturday when the company is closed. During weekdays all other employees and managers at that branch have left work at 5 pm.
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Re: Lone working

Post by stephen1974 »

If you have a company that monitors the building alarm they often offer a service by which if a person working alone doesnt leave by a specified time the company calls them, if they get no answer they call a key holder. The person working would either notify the company with a direct phonecall or more commonly they just set the building alarm and that signals the company.

You can also give companies access to CCTV within your building as well. Thats actually quite nice for fire alarms as awell since they can get straight on the cameras and see the majority of a building before you can get to investigate, especially if you can give them the location of the alarm activation.
Ader1
Student
Student

Post by Ader1 »

Thank you very much.
Ader1
Student
Student

Post by Ader1 »

We used to have a company monitor the alarms but we've just been taken over so I'm not sure anymore. I'll check.
Ader1
Student
Student

Post by Ader1 »

We are now implementing so form of lone working alarms whereby they sensitivity to motion. I understand they clip onto your clothes somehow. Once they are installed, I'll report back.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy