Moderator: Moderators

Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Empty Wooden Pallet Movements

Post by Safety »

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if there is any guidance on how may empty wooden pallets stacked on the forks of a FLT you can carry at any one time?

Just to add these are single pallets stacked on top of each other and not secured by any means.

Does anyone have any pointers?
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: Empty Wooden Pallet Movements

Post by Blackstone »

Hi Safety,

Without seeing any document either, I'm going to say the dreaded words, Risk Assessment.
What is going to be safe for FLT's to move?
If the FLT's need to drive forward or backwards while transporting will affect the number of pallets as driver visibility could be obscured.

Also the wind will potentially affect how many can be stacked and moved in one go (ignore if only in a warehouse!).
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Re: Empty Wooden Pallet Movements

Post by stephen1974 »

Have you looked through https://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/pm15.pdf ? Pallet Safety. Ive not had a chance but might be something useful in there.

I would assume however you would consider the bottom pallet to be "The Pallet" and the rest of the pallets as its "load" and treat the whole thing as if it was a pallet loaded with goods.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy