Principle Contractor on site - can We hand this responsibility when we have finished all our works on site ?

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Principle Contractor on site - can We hand this responsibility when we have finished all our works on site ?

Post by TWDB »

Guys,

Quick one I hope,

We have finished our works are Principle contractor on site (construction) can we hand over our role to an other contractor site working on site - if client agrees?

Any process to follow in this situation?

Delays for the other contractor out of our control has meant a big overrun for them and their works only involve commissioning.

let me know you thoughts

Thanks
T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Ian Rienewerf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Re: Principle Contractor on site - can We hand this responsibility when we have finished all our works on site ?

Post by Ian Rienewerf »

The responsibility can go back to the client - or be re-allocated to the alternative contractor.
You may need to close off the F10.
The last time I did it 2-years ago was to transfer responsibility back to the client during the first lock-down.
I opened the electronic F10 form for amendment, adjusted the closure date, and re-submitted.
The client could then start a new F10 for Phase-2 if required.
Or if you can adjust the PC only at the form amendment stage, you can enter the new PC as the responsible party.

The best way is to close off the old F10, and start anew.
I actually phoned the HSE helpline after I made the changes, and they confirmed I should "adjust the closure date" as the established method to kill off an existing F10 after handover / or handback.
http://www.irems.co.uk
Risk management for companies with 5 to 50 employees

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy