Ladbroke Grove 22 years on

Discuss all things fire related and emergencies of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Ladbroke Grove 22 years on

Post by Messy »

I shared a thought this morning for those involved in the Ladbroke Grove (aka Paddington) Rail crash 22 years ago today. 31 people died & hundreds injured in the single worse incident I attended in my time as a firefighter. The horror those poor passengers and witnessed faced that day is immeasurable.

I went back to the scene 3 more times during the body removal and wreckage removal operation - both of which were very technical and challenging

The line is now electrified, so hopefully such a fireball type tragedy is much less likely

https://www.london-fire.gov.uk/museum/h ... -disaster/
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Ladbroke Grove 22 years on

Post by Alexis »

I remember many discussions with friends and family about this Messy, all of which were of the concerns not only for the passengers, but the horrific job the Firefighters were having to endure in rescuing, saving and respectfully finding the dead.

I do hope you all knew the thoughts and prayers from the Public were and always will be with all the Emergency Service folks in tragic times such as these.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy