ISO45001 - 6.1 Addressing Risk & Opportunities

Discuss management systems in here, including - HS(G)65; ISO 45001; ISO 45003; ISO 14001

Moderator: Moderators

Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

ISO45001 - 6.1 Addressing Risk & Opportunities

Post by Blackstone »

Calling all ISO45001 experts... ../.

I'm looking for solutions on how people have shown compliance to clause 6.1 Actions to Address Risk & Opportunities.

I've worked with 9001 / 18001 / 14001 all in the most recent versions.
I'm always looking for the most efficient way to demonstrate compliance without adding layers of documents that the business doesn't need.

The company i am at now is just going for H&S Management System for the first time so the opportunity is there to keep it simple.

In a previous company (that had 9001, 14001 and 18001) i did it in the following way:
Mind map to identify Interested parties, Internal and external issues and risk and opportunities.
Take the headlines from the mind map to detail the hows around interested parties, internal and external issues.
Built a matrix similar to impacts and aspects to identify main site H&S risks
Procedures, RA's and SSoW at shopfloor level

Whilst i want to keep it simple this company is much larger than the previous with more and different hazards and risks.
I've currently got Interested Parties completed (from current 14001 cert) and a list of all RA's across site. I really do not feel comfortable that this covers a) what the company needs to know, or b) what is needed to cover the standard.

How do you guys cover this?

Cheers
Glen ;)
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
quality_somerset
Industry Sector: Precision Engineering

Re: ISO45001 - 6.1 Addressing Risk & Opportunities

Post by quality_somerset »

Hi Blackstone

I have used risk assessments, ssow's, legislation register, pestle and swot analysis, the audit system and management review and employee meetings.

Kind regards

QS
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: ISO45001 - 6.1 Addressing Risk & Opportunities

Post by Blackstone »

Hi QS,

Thanks for that.
Have most in place already but PESTLE and/or SWOT might be beneficial.

Regards
Glen
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy