Whale Stops Train

Post your humorous risk assessments, health and safety jokes or funny stories of health and safety goings on in your part of the country. KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE!

Moderator: Moderators

Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Whale Stops Train

Post by Messy »

I hear Network Rail are replacing buffers at all stations with whale inspired art installations after this incident .scratch

In the fire service, the crew on the first appliance to arrive has to verbally describe the emergency back to his mobilising control and senior officers.

Goodness knows what the Dutch senior officers thought when they heard this job described. Maybe a bit of grass smoked at the fire station supper perhaps

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... into-water
witsd
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Re: Whale Stops Train

Post by witsd »

In the initial night-time images of the incident, you could clearly read the LCD display which stated (in Dutch) "Sorry, this train is not in service" which was a nice touch.
We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one.' We forget that we still have to make a study of 'and.'

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy