If Facebook Groups are your thing, join ours and let's make it as amazing and friendly as our forums!

Click here for HSfB's Facebook Group Image

Peer review interview help,guidance and mocks

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

molly!

Peer review interview help,guidance and mocks

Post by molly! »

Hello fellow pros!

I am no here looking for some guidance and help with my CMIOSH peer review interview that I have in October I have gone through IPD Route 2 - I have put this off twice now and at some point I will have to bite the bullet and do it !

I have looked online and everything is vague and i have looked on IOSH searched through this platform and cannot find anymore dummy questions or help - IOSH branches promise mocks but never come to fruition and i absolutely hate interviews of any kind - i start muttering and stuttering and always go blank so if anyone has any help, advice (no horror stories please ) or can point me in any direction some guidance I would really really appreciate any help !!

Thanks so much guys :)

Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: Peer review interview help,guidance and mocks

Post by Waterbaby »

Bump ./thumbsup..

WB
#SocialDistancing #FlattenTheCurve

Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Safe&Sound »

Hi Molly,

Like you I have my PRI in October and I also suffer with anxiety in interviews. That being said I relatively confident about this PRI as I am not looking at it as an interview but more as meeting with 'colleagues' to discuss what I have done over the last few years.

I know it's easy for people say not to worry but here's a few tips to help you that are helping me;

1. Look on it as a meeting with colleagues rather than an interview. You've already go this far so you certainly know your stuff, be proud of that.

2. One of my worries was not understanding a question but I am told not to worry about this as they can ask another question or explain it better. Remember the panel want you to succeed.

3. Keep the presentation to 10 minutes and make sure you are up to date with the pillars of the code of conduct.

There is a mock interview on YouTube from the Staffordshire branch but to be honest in my opinion you can tell it is staged but helpful none the less. Speaking to people who have watched that and done their PRI they have all come back and said that the interviews are much more relaxed and supportive.

It's not to late to join the mentoring programme and have a CMIOSH support you through the process. Personally I haven't done this due to time restraints.

Hope this helps

S&S

molly!

Post by molly! »

This was fantastically put thank you so much for this and taking time out to reply - has set my heart rate down a tad hahaha ! Good luck with yours !!

todai

Post by todai »

Hi Molly,

Theres a section in this forum and on IOSH that details what you'll be asked just use the search function... it is exactly that, I had some notes previously but don't have them anymore but it was all found using the search functions. Keep your presentation to 10 minutes... that goes in quicker than you expect even a few slides had me being reminded I'm 9 minutes in.

With not understanding the question that is true, they will prompt more and more questions at you to get the answer they're looking for (if you have it) My friend went through the process and had a different experience to me with regards to the assessors being welcoming. that is likely just your luck on the day but there's a panel of 3 I'm sure with an adjudicator overall when I did mines via zoom.

reference everything as yourself. most people say "we" meaning the organisation rather than you. You conducted the accident investigation that led to policy change not "we"

When you leave, don't think about what you didn't say, think about what you did say. thats what matters. Do memorise the pillars for the code of conduct.

Good luck with your PRI.

molly!

Post by molly! »

Thank you very much for your reply- I will take al this in, I'm going at it every day and night..imgoi g to try and delve deeper in these forums also as suggested !! Much appreciated!

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy