If Facebook Groups are your thing, join ours and let's make it as amazing and friendly as our forums!

Click here for HSfB's Facebook Group Image

RAMS for Powerscreen Chieftain aggregate Separator

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

al8ie

RAMS for Powerscreen Chieftain aggregate Separator

Post by al8ie »

Hi all
Ives been a member for some time but this is my first post on here, partly due to me forgetting my log in tbh.
My company are having this machine for separating aggregate delivered today and just wondered if anyone has a set of RAMS I may be able to utilise?
I've found the operators manual, so will be able to gather the information and complete the various pre-start and operation check sheets for it.
Unfortunately I'm in isolation due to my wife being ill, therefore cant get down tot he site to see it in operation or speak to the person who's delivering it today?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: RAMS for Powerscreen Chieftain aggregate Separator

Post by Alexis »

al8ie wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:25 am
Hi all
Ives been a member for some time but this is my first post on here, partly due to me forgetting my log in tbh.
My company are having this machine for separating aggregate delivered today and just wondered if anyone has a set of RAMS I may be able to utilise?
I've found the operators manual, so will be able to gather the information and complete the various pre-start and operation check sheets for it.
Unfortunately I'm in isolation due to my wife being ill, therefore cant get down tot he site to see it in operation or speak to the person who's delivering it today?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Carl
Hi Carl, just checking to see if you are thee Carl from the past and if so, I can merge your original posts to your new username if you wish. Just PM if this would be suitable to you.

I am sure someone will come in with assistance to your query. ./thumbsup..
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Post by Waterbaby »

Bump ./thumbsup..

WB
#SocialDistancing #FlattenTheCurve

Merlot

Post by Merlot »

Hi,

Whilst I dont work in the aggregate industry we run similar Screeners on our sites. Unfortunately I cant access the work network from home at the minute but I can give you a few things from memory to help.
  • Exclusion area, these types of machines can eject material, dont set up near walkways or pedestrians. the operator is usually in the cab of the loading machine and controls it via remote. Machine must be put in idle or OFF if anyone approaches.
  • Noise and dust levels
  • material falling off conveyors and ledges when folding / unfolding
  • fueling up / oiling and greasing, how is this accessed, WAH?
  • nip points, traps etc when opening and closing conveyors, see exclusion zone
  • when tracking / moving ensure good visibility of the worksite by the operator. they may move slowly but people think they can nip across in front
  • Turning circle, they need a lot of room when they turn as they are so long. Often catches the unwary out
Hope that helps in some way.
Merlot.

al8ie

Post by al8ie »

Hi Alexis

Not sure if I am the Carl you refer to TBH? But its a small world?
Merlot
Thanks for the feedback.
I managed to download the Operators Manual and form that and your information will produce a pre start up and shutdown checklist.
Ill write up Risk assessment and utilize the Operators manual for the Method Statement.
I've learnt that we are only trialing the machine, so they didnt think it was woth wasting time on RAMS etc!.. Go figure..
Thanks for your help..
Ive recently changed jobs and am in the process of trying to write a Safety management System. Trouble is I keep being pulled in other directions, so its a challenge in more ways than one..
Thanks again for your help.
Carl.

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy