If Facebook Groups are your thing, join ours and let's make it as amazing and friendly as our forums!

Click here for HSfB's Facebook Group Image

Working in Health and Safety

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Ader1
Student
Student

Working in Health and Safety

Post by Ader1 »

I've recently sat the NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety and passed. I was put through it by my employer which is a large UK company. I was hoping that they would like me to change my role to work in Health and Safety full time but that apparently won't be the case. I'll be involved in helping to bring our site up to date on Health and Safety matters and nothing is going to happened at least until summer time when our business in quieter. I was told by a guy who works for a Nebosh course provider that I should find work for a company in a junior role under a Health and Safety manager type of thing. Does the NEBOSH NGC open doors for employment? Also, I'm considering doing the NCRQ Diploma. I will have to fund this myself at this time. Would this open doors? Any advice is very much appreciated. I'm over 50 years old and I feel I need to get moving. Thanks for reading.

WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Re: Working in Health and Safety

Post by WillPool »

Ader

Dont let your age stop you form doing anything.

NGC is a recognised qualification to get a junior role in H&S.

You will also have other life and work experience that will also have an H&S slant to it.

If you are doing any H&S in your current role then document that on your CV as this will also stand you in good stead.

The NCRQ Diploma will open up more senior roles for you but in my opinion your CV and experience will get you to the interview stage then its how you sell yourself.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Ader1
Student
Student

Re: Working in Health and Safety

Post by Ader1 »

OK thanks again Will.

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy