NVQ Level 6 Diploma

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

leadparsons

NVQ Level 6 Diploma

Post by leadparsons »

Hi All,

Just joined and looking for any info on a Level 6 diploma which I have just started. All info and comments welcome

Lead...(as in the metal)
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NVQ Level 6 Diploma

Post by Alexis »

Good Morning and a very warm welcome to HSfB Lead-as in metal. :lol: :wave:

As well as all the past posts we have - accessed by using the search function at the top right hand corner of this page- we have loads of downloads in our main site which should help with your study. https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/d ... h-specific

Our members are just great at helping, so please don't hesitate to ask anything in here during your study. ./thumbsup..

Good to have you aboard. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
kevlarion
Blue Sky Moderator
Blue Sky Moderator

Post by kevlarion »

Hi lead, if you juststarted it you will have a general idea what you have got yourself into. When you are knee dep in case law or scaffolding regulations and it all seems a bit too much, or before then if you want to avoid the stress, ask about specific topics and we'll try to provide assistance. I did te diploma in 2013 to 2015 so the pain is still fresh in my memory. :)
If it isn't broken, that doesn't mean you can't improve it. (Do three negatives make a positive ?)
ChesRSmith

Post by ChesRSmith »

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I enrolled on the Level 6 NVQ with SHEilds over a year ago and i'm yet to make any headway. I'm finding the criteria points even more difficult to decipher than the NEBOSH Certificate Questions. I've started on Unit 5 which is all about "identify, assess and control" the risks. Which sounds easy but then when one of the criteria points says "Evaluate hazards through observation of work activities." I get stuck. I mean obviously I know how to evaluate a hazard but how do I evidence this?

I'm hitting my head against a wall here and really loosing interest. I've been working on the NVQ for well over a year and i've submitted no work yet. Ever time i get a spare bit of time i pick up the laptop, read the criteria then my brain basically explodes when i'm trying to work out how to evidence it. I've spent quite a bit of money on this NVQ and i'm considering giving up, then saving up again to do the NEBOSH Diploma.

Please Help!!!!
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

ChesRSmith wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:44 pm Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I enrolled on the Level 6 NVQ with SHEilds over a year ago and i'm yet to make any headway. I'm finding the criteria points even more difficult to decipher than the NEBOSH Certificate Questions. I've started on Unit 5 which is all about "identify, assess and control" the risks. Which sounds easy but then when one of the criteria points says "Evaluate hazards through observation of work activities." I get stuck. I mean obviously I know how to evaluate a hazard but how do I evidence this?

I'm hitting my head against a wall here and really loosing interest. I've been working on the NVQ for well over a year and i've submitted no work yet. Ever time i get a spare bit of time i pick up the laptop, read the criteria then my brain basically explodes when i'm trying to work out how to evidence it. I've spent quite a bit of money on this NVQ and i'm considering giving up, then saving up again to do the NEBOSH Diploma.

Please Help!!!!
Hi Ches. Welcome to HSfB. :wave:

I know our members will come in with some advice as to their own thoughts on your post. In the meantime I will PM you (on your other post link) with a link that may be able to offer some assistance. .salut

Good to have you with us. .salut

mummysangel84

Post by mummysangel84 »

Please Help!!!!
Afternoon I too am doing the level 6 with Sheild, let me know if I can be any help, I am half way through now
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

mummysangel84 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Please Help!!!!
Afternoon I too am doing the level 6 with Sheild, let me know if I can be any help, I am half way through now
Hello mummusangel84. :wave:

Welcome aboard and many thanks for this kind offer to Ches.

Good to have you with us. .salut

molly!
Student
Student

Post by molly! »

hi there -

the best way it to do it one unit at a time one question a time - make small steps. the tutors had me starting with 507 and 508 i thought to pack it in but luckliy didnt start from the beginning and everytime you struggle come on here and ask one of us - I found it horrible but it was worth it in the end and feel it is more of a diploma than the nebosh as thats a memory test rather than hands on (each to there own hahaha)

PM me if your strugglinga nd remember you are not alone
danwel
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Post by danwel »

As above really, pick any unit you want to start or like the look of to get you into it as it can be a bit tricky working out what is what for the first few units
That's how we roll in our house baby!!!
joe1111

Post by joe1111 »

Anyone in there?
I think should be creat a whatsapp group for easy communication!
dcn1982

Post by dcn1982 »

Hi Everybody

I'm new to the group and in the process of doing my NVQ. I'm currently stuck on unit 610 develop and implement the health and safety policy section 2, has anyone got any tips or pointers as my brain is fried.

Thanks in advance

Dave
dcn1982

Post by dcn1982 »

Hi All

I'm currently in the process of doing my NVQ, im on unit 610 section 2.4 and struggling with how to answer the below.
2.4 Evaluate the statutory and workplace health and safety requirements relating to:
A. Input of materials, equipment, goods, services and resources
B. The conversion process of the organisation
C. Output of products and services
D. Unplanned, unwanted or unnecessary goods, materials and waste of all types
E. Employees, contractors and others affected by the organisations activities

Any advice.

Regards

Dave

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy