I cant speak NEBOSHian.

Discuss all things fire related and emergencies of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Re: I cant speak NEBOSHian.

Post by stephen1974 »

Well, its straight from the public available document on the NEBOSH website.

https://www.nebosh.org.uk/document-libr ... ion-paper/
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

stephen1974 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:03 pm Well, its straight from the public available document on the NEBOSH website.

https://www.nebosh.org.uk/document-libr ... ion-paper/
:roll: :roll: :confused1:
By the very example that you have linked to, it is exactly as I surmised, you omitted to give the preamble that set the scenario for the question element.

Seems to me it comes back nicely to my earlier comment, people not reading the question correctly.

If it were answered in the manner in which I described, then it would cover all bases; if they wanted Informal and Formal then its covered, as it is if they wanted to see Enforcement/Prohibition Notice.

Whilst the Regulations are written such that the Inspecting Officer may issue a Notice immediately, in many cases they will often give a period of time to have it sorted.
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by stephen1974 »

The question was exactly as I posted. The preamble DOES NOT in any way shape or form make a blind bit of difference. But please, show me the exact part that does determine whether or not the 'actions' part of the question is the types of enforcement notice taken or the 'actions' list in NEBOSH course work. Please.
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

stephen1974 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm The question was exactly as I posted. The preamble DOES NOT in any way shape or form make a blind bit of difference. But please, show me the exact part that does determine whether or not the 'actions' part of the question is the types of enforcement notice taken or the 'actions' list in NEBOSH course work. Please.
Stephen, you appear to have a unique view of this matter. You seem to firmly believe that NEBOSH include elements to their questions that can be ignored because they are irrelevant (in your opinion).

I will simply direct you to page 9 of the NEBOSH document "Preparing Students for Assessment" which can be downloaded from here under 'Resources': https://www.nebosh.org.uk/qualification ... rtificate/#

This document is typical of any guidance for students undergoing examinations and is based on current best practice in the examinations world, including the Federation of Awarding Bodies and the Joint Council for Qualifications.

Two key bullet points on the section entitled Student Tips - Read the Questions are...
  • Read every word in the question - it is there for a reason.
  • Reread the question until you are certain you understand what is being asked.
Perhaps a thorough understanding of this document might help you understand where you are going wrong.
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Towsey
Student
Student

Post by Towsey »

Hi Stephen

I feel for you, i really do but do you think maybe you could be overthinking the questions? When i did my NGC, i was intimidated by the NEBOSH language but looking at and understanding the command words helped me to no end.

I would invest in the little revision guides written by Ed Ferrett as they have a whole section on command words and then questions using the command words and what they are looking for with each command word. This can also be found on NEBOSH website to be fair.

Hope all goes well with you in any case.

Towsey

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy