COSHH Assessments for Food Ingredients

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

transp0nster

COSHH Assessments for Food Ingredients

Post by transp0nster »

Hi,
I'm needing to undertake COSHH assessments at a food site, and I was wondering what peoples opinion was on COSHH assessments for ingredients? Would you expect a separate COSHH assessment for all ingredients used on the site?
Or just the ones that could be hazardous- allergens, powders, concentrated flavours etc?
Or a single COSHH assessment for each process, identifying all the ingredients used in the process and identifying the chemical hazards from the process?

Any advice/opinions appreciated! :D
bunster

Re: COSHH Assessments for Food Ingredients

Post by bunster »

Hi transp0nster :wave:

This is the right approach...
Or a single COSHH assessment for each process, identifying all the ingredients used in the process and identifying the chemical hazards from the process?

A COSHH assessment is all about how the substance is used and by whom not the substance itself.

If its a lengthy process with various substances it may be better to break it down into process steps. That way its easier to identify exposure time to each substance.
If you have an example you want to post I'm sure there will be plenty of helpful comments posted.
transp0nster

Re: COSHH Assessments for Food Ingredients

Post by transp0nster »

Thanks Bunster!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy