Moderator: Moderators

hammer1
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Commercial, residential, construction

Implementation Plan - Building a Safer Future

Post by hammer1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Belated Happy New Year folks

Bit late on this, but with the plan published https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ation-plan
the direction of travel is certainly moving.

The steering groups are nearing their papers for putting to the Government Spring 2019, most requiring primary legislation.

The moving towards other high risk buildings other than HRRBs is a good step in the right direction. Been lucky enough to have some insight on the steering groups proposals which I still feel some in the industry (especially the private sector) have no idea of the massive changes that are coming our way in the next 12-24 months and beyond.
The song goes...{I'm gonna walk down to electric avenue and I'm gonna say ' have you got PAT testing records for all that mate'}

Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: Implementation Plan - Building a Safer Future

Post by Waterbaby » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 am

../.

"The Grenfell Tower fire represents the greatest loss of life in a residential fire in a century...

In the immediate aftermath of the fire, the Government set up a Building Safety Programme to identify and remediate affected buildings...."

It is so incredibly sad, that it took such an event and loss-of-life :

"It quickly became apparent that there was a need for fundamental reform of the building and fire safety regulatory system.... "

WB
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"
Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy