Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Can anyone help please?

Post by Alexis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:52 pm

The following is a post from our introduce yourself area, which some may not have seen.

viewtopic.php?p=353621#p353621

I am wondering if any of our wonderful members both from the O&G industry or any H&S area that could offer any advice? Many thanks if you can. .salut .salut
Borders Bosh wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:43 pm
Evening Guys,

Though it best to introduce myself before I start to ask lots of questions :)

My name is Bob and I passed my Nebosh General Cert - Aug 2017.

I am struggling to find my first role in HS, Im based in Scotland and my background is managerial in a civil service office environment. I am passionate about HS and have very little direct experience, the experience I do have is DSE, office temperature, walk rounds with private HS consultants etc everything you can imagine for a small to medium office (100 staff)

The very little feedback I get from applications is my lack of experience, I have been applying to Oil and Gas ( couple of mates work in it) to get experience for a couple years then hopefully get a 9-5 Mon to Fri , so I can see my family grow up.

That's the plan anyway and I am struggling to get my foot in the door. I have applied to other industries and common theme is my lack of experience. I'm starting to think when I signed up to do my Nebosh I was hood winked in that I was told that I would get a job without any problems - the Nebosh general was enough to get the job without experience.

So I am here to give it one last shot before I give up and concentrate on my current job in financial industry which is a stop gap pending an HS job.

Thanks for reading this and Im looking forward to having a good chat with you all.

Bob
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Can anyone help please?

Post by Alexis » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 am

Many thanks to all who have responded to the initial post in the Introduce Yourself area. Really appreciate it.
viewtopic.php?p=353621#p353621
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy