NEBOSH Diploma E-Learning

Talk about health and safety courses you are studying or find out about courses you are interested in, including NEBOSH Diploma, BA, MSc, PGCE, NVQ, NCRQ or any other academic qualification relevant.

Moderator: Moderators

RichC1981

NEBOSH Diploma E-Learning

Post by RichC1981 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi All

I am thinking about signing up for an e-learning NEBOSH diploma with Astutis. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me out?

Firstly - I read on RRC website that they recommend doing a NEBOSH general certificate first. I have around 14 years experience in construction management, and have a pretty good grasp of relevant H&S legislation, CDM, risk management etc. as relevant to that field. I have completed a 4 day IOSH managing safely course, plus various other H&S courses relevant to working on utilities sites (high voltage electricity, gas etc.). Do you think this is sufficient grounding?

Secondly - has anyone had recent experience of Astutis e-learning? Are there any others I should consider? They are not the cheapest, but still a lot less than classroom based (out of my reach as self funded), and have seen good things written on here.

Thanks in advance!

Richard

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NEBOSH Diploma E-Learning

Post by Alexis » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:10 am

Hi Richard. :wave:

A very warm welcome from me.

I am going to let our members who have gone down this route offer their thoughts on your queries.

Look forward to hearing what decision you make.

Good to have you aboard. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Safetysmurf
Industry Sector: Construction and Manufacturing

Post by Safetysmurf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi Richard,

I personally did all of my studying up to Nebosh Diploma level, e-learning. It is very demanding and you have to be disciplined when studying. I started with IOSH managing safely, then onto nebosh cert then nebosh diploma. I think that without doing the cert I would have struggled with the dip, but again that's your choice. The cert does give you a good grounding in h&s.
Before this I also had over 15 years in construction. If your brave go for the dip??
I studied with Sheilds and found them good.

Hope this helps

SS

apf
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Ports and Logistics

Post by apf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Don't underestimate the time, effort and self-motivation required to do a Diploma over distance learning. It is a real struggle!

If you are going down that route I'd advise you to get the NGC under your belt first - you'll need a solid grounding not only in H&S but also the "NEBOSH way".

As far as course providers go, pick one with decent tutor support. I've have posts removed before for naming the company I used who basically took the money and left me to it so I won't name then but is sounds a bit like Santa...

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy