Moderator: Moderators

Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Retail Industry

Accident, Incident etc Spreadsheet

Post by Safety » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am

Hi all,

I am in the process of reviewing our current spreadsheet, which isn't great, I have checked the downloads section and cant seen to find anything in there. Does anyone have a template they would share we me?

Thanks in advance
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............

stephen1974

Re: Accident, Incident etc Spreadsheet

Post by stephen1974 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 am

I think you pretty much have to create your own to suite your needs as every site and industry is different. It also depends on what you want to achieve from the data. There are so many variables I don't think you could really make a template, except a very basic one you would have to heavily modify to repesent the data you want collected.

I created a simple excel spreadsheet that lists:
Customer or Employee
Location of Accident
Activity at the Time
Type of Injury
Severity of Injury (an internal scale we use)
CCTV Recorded Yes or No.

Each week I go to a site, look through the accident books, record on the spread sheet a date, surname, and then place a 1 in each relevant box (from the list above) and I use the comment box to add in basic details.

That's then added up automatically and carried over to a spreadsheet for the year that breaks the results down in to totals for each part for each month. So for example, I can see at a glance we had 16 customer accidents for May, No employee accidents, 15 were minor, 1 went to hospital, 8 were from the battle beam, 3 were from the jump tower, 5 were General jumping, and so on and so on...

ScottD
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Industry Sector: Manufacturing

Re: Accident, Incident etc Spreadsheet

Post by ScottD » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:29 am

Hi,

My spreadsheet covers the following items:
Date, Location (multi site), incident # , type (LTI, FAC, NM etc.), body part (if applicable), spill liquid (what was spilled), RIDDOR reportable, # lost days, actual severity, involving (employees, sub contractors visitors etc.), event description, direct cause, substandard act, substandard condition, root cause.

each column is filtered for ease of retrieving info and for reporting.
Cunningly disguised as a responsible adult

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy