bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: Electric meter enclosure

Post by bernicarey » Thu May 17, 2018 11:09 pm

baywaves

I wasn't in 100% agreement because you thought the main supply head/fuses were old and redundant and should be removed,which is the one section of your entire post that I quoted.
Looking at baywaves comments, they're pretty sound, although I'm not 100% in agreement.
baywaves wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 am
I would also be asking for any old redundant cables and control gear to be removed. There is a black box and folded cables in the bottom left corner which look antiquated to me.
I think that is actually the main 3 phase feed with the 3 fuse holders, the individual flats are then getting a single phase via the meters.
http://www.belvoirsafety.co.uk Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

baywaves
Student
Student

Re: Electric meter enclosure

Post by baywaves » Tue May 22, 2018 12:37 pm

bernicarey wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:09 pm
baywaves

I wasn't in 100% agreement because you thought the main supply head/fuses were old and redundant and should be removed,which is the one section of your entire post that I quoted.
Looking at baywaves comments, they're pretty sound, although I'm not 100% in agreement.
baywaves wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 am
I would also be asking for any old redundant cables and control gear to be removed. There is a black box and folded cables in the bottom left corner which look antiquated to me.
I think that is actually the main 3 phase feed with the 3 fuse holders, the individual flats are then getting a single phase via the meters.
Fair enough I can see now that you read my comment wrong. What I said was:- I would also be asking for any old redundant cables and control gear to be removed I still think that is a good idea, because anything that can be taken away would free up space and make enclosure easier.

I also said:- There is a black box and folded cables in the bottom left corner which look antiquated to me. They do look antiquated to me, but I did not say that this is to be taken out, just that it looked old.

Just thought I should clarify my comments.

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy