HSfB Face-lift Finished, at Last!

Hundreds of free health and safety downloads. Toolbox talks. Safety jobs. Discussion forums - NEBOSH, NVQ, SVQ, NCRQ. It's all about sharing best practice.

Moderator: Moderators

Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas/Manufacturing/Engineering

HSfB Face-lift Finished, at Last!

Post by Jack Kane » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:58 pm

Well, after just short of 200 hours of learning, breaking, fixing, learning etc, I've pretty much finished the face lift of the home page, downloads and blog pages. Yay :D .cheers .bounce

I've listened to all feedback comments here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - and via email, message and Facebook etc. I've not managed to satisfy all comments for now, but I'll work towards that over time.

Basically, the old site (front end and backend files) has been completely deleted and replaced with a cleaner site with much less clutter. When cleaning things up on the server, it was like that TV programme about hoarders! Sooooo many files, old remnants of past upgrades, duplicate files and all sorts. All gone, all nice and fresh now :D

One consequence of clearing things out and so many changes is that the search engines will need to start all over again. This will impact the page ranking of the site until things even out, so I'd like to ask a favour or three from you please :D

It would be very much appreciated if you could share the heck out of the site as often as you could, preferably using the social sharing buttons on the bottom of most of the site's pages. Otherwise, just any way you know how ./thumbsup..
socialshare.png
I'm also looking for some help creating more content for the new 'Golden Nuggets' module on the home page. These are just simple flash cards on a coloured background with snippets of handy on-the-go hints. Each time the page is refreshed, a new random Golden Nugget shows up.

If you are interested in helping create these simple images, let me know and I'll give you more details.

Last but not least, if you have created any of your own files you think would make a nice addition to the downloads on the site, please send them on to myself or Alexis. :D

Thanks very much y'all :D

I'm off to catch up with 6 weeks of TV :lol:

Get Listed for Free on our Directory

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!

AdrianW
Cougar, the cat on the prowl
Cougar, the cat on the prowl
Industry Sector: Construction and M&E

Re: HSfB Face-lift Finished, at Last!

Post by AdrianW » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Kudos to you, Jack. clapclap clapclap

You have done a superb job ./thumbsup..
Nothing Changes If Nothing Changes

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:37 pm

AdrianW wrote:Kudos to you, Jack. clapclap clapclap

You have done a superb job ./thumbsup..
Agree totally Jack. clapclap clapclap clapclap .salut .salut .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Post by Waterbaby » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:34 am

Fantastic !! .cheers .cheers .cheers

:wav:

WB
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"
Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:47 pm

clapclap clapclap clapclap

Just bringing this back again for anyone who may have missed it and highlighted in red a couple of things Jack mentioned where our members may be able to assist. .salut
Jack Kane wrote:Well, after just short of 200 hours of learning, breaking, fixing, learning etc, I've pretty much finished the face lift of the home page, downloads and blog pages. Yay :D .cheers .bounce

I've listened to all feedback comments here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - and via email, message and Facebook etc. I've not managed to satisfy all comments for now, but I'll work towards that over time.

Basically, the old site (front end and backend files) has been completely deleted and replaced with a cleaner site with much less clutter. When cleaning things up on the server, it was like that TV programme about hoarders! Sooooo many files, old remnants of past upgrades, duplicate files and all sorts. All gone, all nice and fresh now :D

One consequence of clearing things out and so many changes is that the search engines will need to start all over again. This will impact the page ranking of the site until things even out, so I'd like to ask a favour or three from you please :D

It would be very much appreciated if you could share the heck out of the site as often as you could, preferably using the social sharing buttons on the bottom of most of the site's pages. Otherwise, just any way you know how ./thumbsup..
socialshare.png
I'm also looking for some help creating more content for the new 'Golden Nuggets' module on the home page. These are just simple flash cards on a coloured background with snippets of handy on-the-go hints. Each time the page is refreshed, a new random Golden Nugget shows up.

If you are interested in helping create these simple images, let me know and I'll give you more details.

Last but not least, if you have created any of your own files you think would make a nice addition to the downloads on the site, please send them on to myself or Alexis. :D

Thanks very much y'all :D

I'm off to catch up with 6 weeks of TV :lol:
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

ddlh
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by ddlh » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Looking good Jack - well done sir :)
If you think safety is a pain, try a leg fracture.

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy