Past Papers

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

WillKirkSafety

Past Papers

Post by WillKirkSafety »

Hello All

Hope your well.

I am currently studying for the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate (EC1) and wondered if anyone has any past papers that could send me?
NGC
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Re: Past Papers

Post by NGC »

NEBOSH do have past papers on their website, obtaining from anywhere else online is in breach of copyright.
Have you looked at the downloads on this page- there are loads of bits on there.
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

Hi WillKirkSafety :hello2:

Welcome to the forums :wave:

As NGC has said these are copyright but can be downloaded direct from NEBOSH:

https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/curr ... f=654&ct=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the link to our download section:

http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/downloads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope it helps and good luck with your study ../.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
WillKirkSafety

Post by WillKirkSafety »

Yes i have looked on there and got one example and spoke to them on the phone , they do not provide anymore past papers but have advised me to speak to my course provider for some which i have also done but again they can not provide any.

If indeed it is a Breach Of Copyright to obtain them then this is very unhelpful to a student who has paid alot of money to do this qualification, has studied the content but just wants to practise some exam questions so can be as equipped as possible for my exam.
NGC
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by NGC »

There are exam style questions in the downloads that will gave the link to- this will give an idea how the questions will appear and help you get used to the command words.
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

WillKirkSafety wrote:Yes i have looked on there and got one example and spoke to them on the phone , they do not provide anymore past papers but have advised me to speak to my course provider for some which i have also done but again they can not provide any.

If indeed it is a Breach Of Copyright to obtain them then this is very unhelpful to a student who has paid alot of money to do this qualification, has studied the content but just wants to practise some exam questions so can be as equipped as possible for my exam.
Will, it is definitely a breach of copyright to sell on or give away these materials as NEBOSH have warned the owners of this site regarding this before, this is why the moderation team are quick to point this out.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
NGC
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by NGC »

WillPool wrote:
Will, it is definitely a breach of copyright to sell on or give away these materials as NEBOSH have warned the owners of this site regarding this before, this is why the moderation team are quick to point this out.

Will .salut
And i'm not even a mod lol.. clearly you have just drilled it into me Will :lol:
wendolene26
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas / Renewables / Consultancy

Post by wendolene26 »

If you have a copy of Introduction to Health and Safety at Work: for the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, the recommended course book for the NEBOSH General Certificate, there are example questions at the end of each chapter. These should give you a pretty good idea on what to expect.

edit: I've just re-read your initial post and see now that you are talking about the environmental qualification. I have not seen the course book for that, but I would presume NEBOSH would follow a similar pattern and provide example questions. Sorry if what I've said is completely [smilie=ot.gif]
You are only a millimetre or a millisecond away from the next incident.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi Will. :wave:

Just a warm welcome to HSfB from me.

Sorry to hear your Provider is not supplying what you require. Seems wrong to take your money and then not provide correct learning materials.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
AdamUK
Student
Student

Post by AdamUK »

Hi Will

As Alexis said, the training provider should give you some idea of some past questions, if not ask why.

Also, spend a while reading up on the ''command words'' that NEBOSH use.

Candidates getting mixed up, not writing enough for specific command words are loosing alot of marks on exams, and is an area they really want training providers to up their game with.

Take a good look at this https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/defa ... =1345&ct=2, and digest it well.

Hope this helps

Adam
HelenPJ
Risk Rodent
Risk Rodent

Post by HelenPJ »

Hi WKS :wave:

Have you looked at the Examiner's Reports for the Env Cert - they can be downloaded (free) via here:
https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/defa ... =1445&ct=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These reports have been prepared to provide feedback on standard date and on-demand examination sittings. Feedback to candidates is presented in these key areas; examination technique, command words and learning outcomes and is designed to assist candidates and course providers prepare for future assessments.

Please note: Examiners’ Reports are not written to provide ‘sample answers’ but to give examples of what Examiners were expecting and more specifically to highlight areas of underperformance.
Example question paper & examiner's feedback is available to download on this page:
https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/defa ... =1444&ct=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As well as the Command Word link above ./thumbsup..
Don't forget to check out the EC2 Practical Guidance and the Guide to the course itself, available here:
https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/curr ... f=654&ct=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH a little and good luck with your studies :wave:
Helen
Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity
Aristotle

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy