Mezzanine Floors

Discuss all things fire related and emergencies of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Re: Mezzanine Floors

Post by Messy »

I cannot tell you the amount of rows, sorry, professional debates I have had with Town Hall jobsworths. You have my sympathy

My local pharmacy /corner shop was also licensed for alcohol sales. With booze and drugs, security was high on their agenda

The LA sent a pillock around to.inspect the building. He determined that the two heavy mortise locks on the glass rear door must be removed and replaced by rim locks so customers could open the door without a key

It was explained to this incompetent fool that the mortise locks are never locked when the shop is open or staffed. In addition to safety reasons, the rear door leads directly to a GP practice car park so numerous pharmacy customers access the shop through it

The idiot had spoken so would not admit he was wrong. I was casually asked by the manager for my views when I popped in as a customer. I complied a full report siting various standards, legislation and ADB

Even then the LA would not accept they were wrong. They wrote to the pharmacy saying they had considered the report and 'on this ocassion' they would remove the notice. - of course implying others in similar circumstances will face the same incompetence 😡😡

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy