IOSH Peer review interview

HSfB might have things to say, big things might need to be announced, this is the forum we will announce those big things.

Moderator: Moderators

redspelly
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Re: IOSH Peer review interview

Post by redspelly »

I had the PRI last week and thought it was a pleasant experience - the only bit of advice would be to watch the mock PRI on the IOSH forums and know the code of conduct - it certainly wasn't as bad as I had feared though.
redspelly
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by redspelly »

Delighted to say that I received notification from IOSH today stating that I have passed the Peer Review Interview.
CMIOSH now and new business cards to be ordered.
The panel chair has also recommended that I become a panel member and this is something I am keen to explore.

Should anyone want any advice on the PRI process, please do drop me a PM

Redspelly CMIOSH :D
willCDM
Student
Student

Post by willCDM »

redspelly wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 pm Delighted to say that I received notification from IOSH today stating that I have passed the Peer Review Interview.
The panel chair has also recommended that I become a panel member and this is something I am keen to explore.

Congratulations clapclap

Will
ScottD
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Industry Sector: Logistics & warehousing

Post by ScottD »

Big congratulations redspelly, well done
Cunningly disguised as a responsible adult
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

redspelly wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 pm Delighted to say that I received notification from IOSH today stating that I have passed the Peer Review Interview.

Aw, wonderful! clapclap clapclap clapclap congrats

Delighted for you Red. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
redspelly
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by redspelly »

Thanks everyone - really pleased to get this and only 6 months after passing the Diploma :D
dave247
Dangerous Dave
Dangerous Dave
Industry Sector: Waste

Post by dave247 »

Had mine on Wednesday. No idea if I have passed yet but really enjoyed the whole IPD process.
They asked all the questions mentioned on here. M

What I did was use work examples.
Question: Explain the risk assessment process-
Me “ok but I will give it you based on how I did route risk assessments at work”
Question: explain how you would carry out an incident investigation.
Me: well I had a serious incident ...... and went on to explain a real life investigation I did, I pointed what I learned for myself too.

Every question was followed by “well the next question was to give us an example but you have again already done that”

The 4 pillars of the code of conductor is a biggy, I gave my myself 2 examples for each, my mind went blank on one briefly but they didn’t pressure me, just encourages.
Fingers crossed.
For brilliance and, at the same time, for consistency of achievement, for activity in philanthropic enterprise, for astuteness of management and for general alertness, the superiors of Aston Villa cannot be found
molly!
Student
Student

Post by molly! »

Does anybody have any updates on this as I have mine in October and I am totally bricking it - I hate interviews and start to fold - I have contacted my local IOSH branch and they haven't really give me any guidance just the same old "be yourself" - I have watched the Staffordshire branch and that was a good insite however i have heard this is a old way of interviewing and they ask more questions?
please can anyone give me any help ??
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Bump.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Safe&Sound »

molly! wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 pm Does anybody have any updates on this as I have mine in October and I am totally bricking it - I hate interviews and start to fold - I have contacted my local IOSH branch and they haven't really give me any guidance just the same old "be yourself" - I have watched the Staffordshire branch and that was a good insite however i have heard this is a old way of interviewing and they ask more questions?
please can anyone give me any help ??
Hello,

Like you I have my PRI this month and I too crumble in interviews :| That being said I am now looking forward to my PRI, don't get me wrong I'll still be nervous but not as much as I normally would be. The way I go around this was keep telling myself that it isn't actually an 'interview' but more you meeting with colleagues to discuss what you have done over the years.

I think what has also helped me is that if you can't answer a question or don't understand a question, they will rephrase it or move on for you. They want you to succeed so will do everything they can to make you comfortable.

You've come this far so you know your stuff and have proven you have what it takes for CMIOSH, the chat is just to discuss through it all. Be proud of what you have achieved to date ./thumbsup..
wendolene26
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas / Renewables / Consultancy

Post by wendolene26 »

Molly, which is your local branch? Normally upon approaching your local branch with such a query, I would expect a committee member who is Chartered and experienced with the process to go through your preparation with you to confirm you are ready and to answer any queries and provide any clarification for you.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss further and I can try and put you in touch with someone appropriate. What date is your PRI?

Wendo
You are only a millimetre or a millisecond away from the next incident.
molly!
Student
Student

Post by molly! »

Hi people

Frustratingly I havent recieved the notice for these posts so thanks people in advance !!

I have been revising like a montage from a rocky film so hopefully I will get somewhere -

Without being a negatron what is the pass rate on this ... I'm I have been reviewing all the core questions researched many websites so good luck safe & sound and cheers let us know how you get on!!

Am I ok to pm still wendo??

Thanks everyone on this forum!!!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy