New to the forums? A tip to get you started...

Introduce yourself in here if you like :wave:

Moderator: Moderators

NikkiNoo
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Construction
Occupation: Health and Safety manager in Strip-Out works (Deconstruction)

Re: New to the forums? A tip to get you started...

Post by NikkiNoo »

Hello fellow HS'ers

My name is Nikki, I'm 35, from Kent and I've been in the Construction industry for about 17 years. I used to be a window cleaner at the end of builders clean and worked my way into construction site management. Health and safety became more and more prevalent during the early 2000's. I went to university in 2007 and Health and Safety was a core subject, I gained a distinction and suppose I got a taste for it back then. Had children, went self employed as a photographer for 6 years and now I'm back on my career, Health and Safety in Construction.

So that's me.. and Hiiiii :)

*Edit - I take my exams in December :? :? :?
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi NikkiNoo. :wave:

A very warm welcome to HSfB.

Good to have you join us.

All the very best for the forthcoming exams, which I am sure you will do well in. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Lyle

Post by Lyle »

Hi all, :wave:

I have recently joined a company that mainly deal with groundworks and plant hire.

I have taken up the role of a SHEQ apprentice and was recommended visiting this site by my manager. After a few weeks of visiting this site as a guest, I thought it would be a much better advantage to myself to sign up and get more involved with any questions I may have.

I have already sat and passed :D my IOSH Managing safely exam. I look forward to learning as much as I can and any help along the way will be greatly appreciated.

Lyle
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Lyle wrote:Hi all, :wave:

I have recently joined a company that mainly deal with groundworks and plant hire.

I have taken up the role of a SHEQ apprentice and was recommended visiting this site by my manager. After a few weeks of visiting this site as a guest, I thought it would be a much better advantage to myself to sign up and get more involved with any questions I may have.

I have already sat and passed :D my IOSH Managing safely exam. I look forward to learning as much as I can and any help along the way will be greatly appreciated.

Lyle
Hi there Lyle. .cheers

A very warm welcome to the inner HSfB. :lol: ./thumbsup..

Please thank your Manager for pointing you in our direction. :D

Congratulations on passing your IOSH Managing Safely exam. .salut clapclap clapclap clapclap

In case you haven't found our main site pages, just click on the big logo at the top of this page and you will be taken there. :D
http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good to have you aboard. :D

T&T Group
Twitter: https://twitter.com/tandtgroupuk

Post by T&T Group »

Hi Guys,
My names John Thornton. I am a Director of a Construction/Demolition Company based in London. I currently have my ICIOB and AssocRICS accreditation's and am working towards my MCIOB with a LVL 7 NVQ Construction Senior Management. I take great pride putting H&S and environmental issues at the forefront of my company and am currently working with the Lead Survey Ltd (Tristan Olivier) to develop better guidelines with regards to Lead paint safety in construction sites.
An area of great concern to me is construction dust and would be happy to hear everyone's thoughts on this matter.
Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

Hey John,

Great stuff, welcome to the forums :D :wave:

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Hi John, :wave:

Another warm welcome from me also. .salut

Perhaps you should put a post in the General Discussions section John where you may find people will reply to your question. ./thumbsup..
T&T Group wrote:Hi Guys,
My names John Thornton. I am a Director of a Construction/Demolition Company based in London. I currently have my ICIOB and AssocRICS accreditation's and am working towards my MCIOB with a LVL 7 NVQ Construction Senior Management. I take great pride putting H&S and environmental issues at the forefront of my company and am currently working with the Lead Survey Ltd (Tristan Olivier) to develop better guidelines with regards to Lead paint safety in construction sites.
An area of great concern to me is construction dust and would be happy to hear everyone's thoughts on this matter.

Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

Apologies John, it appears I completely ignored your question!

Good advice from Alexis though...
Alexis wrote:Perhaps you should put a post in the General Discussions section John where you may find people will reply to your question.

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
EHSgraduate

Post by EHSgraduate »

Hello, I am currently in my first full-time EHS role in a facility management and construction company. I have a BSc. Environmental Science and MSc. Occupational Health and Safety. I graduated late last year and previous to this role, I have 8 months experience as an EHS intern in the pharmaceutical industry. I’m relatively new to the industry and think this forum is a great way of gaining insight, advice and tips.

Also, I’m based in Ireland.

:D
Last edited by EHSgraduate on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

EHSgraduate wrote:I’m Nicole; I am currently in my first full-time EHS role in a facility management and construction company. I have a BSc. Environmental Science and MSc. Occupational Health and Safety. I graduated late last year and previous to this role, I have 8 months experience as an EHS intern in the pharmaceutical industry. I’m relatively new to the industry and think this forum is a great way of gaining insight, advice and tips.

Also, I’m based in Ireland.

:D
Hi Nicole.
A very warm welcome to HSfB. :wave:

Really good to have you join us.

We also have a main site web-page with lots of free downloads. You can access it by clicking the big logo at the top of this page.
http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/downloads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

john_wales

Post by john_wales »

Good afternoon all

I am obviously new here so here it goes....

My name is John, based in South Wales UK, I work as an engineer for a local electrical contractors.
Just sat the nebosh exam awaiting my results. (fingers crossed)

My boss is training me to assist in keeping the company in compliance with all laws and get us to a better ISO than 9001 eventually, he is hesitant for change with the usual statement being "20 years I have been doing this, do we need to have it"

I have been developing our Health and Safety Policy to be reader friendly and trying to develop a Dynamic Risk Assessment document for our company specifics, trouble I am having is, if we have RAMS set up for our company already which are generally sent to customers on request before work starts tailored to the task, do we need to have a small document say A4 with a risk assessment for the engineers to complete if they go to minor works jobs such as change a light in a bedroom?

I look forward to reading everyone's views on this.
RobertsJ

Post by RobertsJ »

Hi everyone!

My names is Jordan, based in North Wales and currently in the property Facilities sector although as you can guess i am wanting a career slide into H&S. I am in charge of H&S in my current job and thoroughly enjoy it, so i have booked myself on a NEBOSH course in August. I guess i'm here to get a head start and learn as much as i can.

Got to start some where right?

Cheers

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy