When does your health and safety go out the window?

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

When does your health and safety go out the window?

Post by stephen1974 »

We all criticise employees for breaking health and safety rules, but when do you do it yourself??

I can tell you right now that when it comes to moving house by yourself because moving services cost too much - manual handling becomes a dirty word. Looking forward to trying to get my bed and mattress up a spiral staircase.
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: When does your health and safety go out the window?

Post by Blackstone »

No such thing as H&S at home....kidding obviously!!

I bet you are aching today!! :)
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
The devil
Student
Student

Post by The devil »

When I'm kayaking.
The beaches here can be packed out on a warm day and just trying to get on and off can be hell.
The times I've just close to hitting a small child or a dog.... but just like a Viking I plough thru them !!
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Post by Messy »

Home DIY sometimes does stray across the acceptability threshold I am embarrassed to admit. My ladder to my flat roof on my extension isnt quite long enough which leads to the dangling the legs over the edge trying to find the head of the ladder trick :oops:

And dont look at my doors in my house overnight in the summer....... as you will find one or two (maybe 3!!) open despite the risks

Plus sitting next to Mrs Messy when she's driving. I have stopped wearing the full face F1 helmet and fire retardant boiler suit now as she got a bit grumpy ;)

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy