The weight of death !!

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

The devil
Student
Student

The weight of death !!

Post by The devil »

Like most people I've pre paid my funeral. I've just had a email asking for my weight. They need to a risk assessment !!
I'm not dead yet and I'm not going on a diet. They can use a forklift :twisted:
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Re: The weight of death !!

Post by Messy »

Be careful, it might be on a £ per kilo basis!!!!

I blame Finnair (or Thinnair) weighing passengers with their luggage for starting all this ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -departure
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: The weight of death !!

Post by Alexis »

Actually, I don't think it is such a bad idea to have a risk assessment in place for the carrying of caskets.

I wonder if their insurance has asked for this, perhaps due to a claim from someone injuring themselves in such a scenario!

As for the weighing of passengers, again, I am all for this, as long as they offer us thinner folks a big discounts. ;)

Obesity is gaining momentum Worldwide (no pun intended) and a five year check on the averages for the RA is much too long to gain insight into maximum weight load on aeroplane's.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy