NVQ Level 6 Diploma

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

gulamguliyev

Re: NVQ Level 6 Diploma

Post by gulamguliyev »

Hi there , all .

I am new on the forum, I am interested to get NVQ 6 diploma and have 19+ years experience in HSE .I got different information from the internet pages and course providers concerning the course .I did not choose the course provider yet, but soon. The issue is that its really interesting me that what kind of verification material I need to provide to my learning assessor as a learner with a demonstration of my competency in every unit ? Could you give me a few examples ?
pdhmobile
Student
Student

Post by pdhmobile »

mummysangel84 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:46 pm
ChesRSmith wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:44 pm Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I enrolled on the Level 6 NVQ with SHEilds over a year ago and i'm yet to make any headway. I'm finding the criteria points even more difficult to decipher than the NEBOSH Certificate Questions. I've started on Unit 5 which is all about "identify, assess and control" the risks. Which sounds easy but then when one of the criteria points says "Evaluate hazards through observation of work activities." I get stuck. I mean obviously I know how to evaluate a hazard but how do I evidence this?

I'm hitting my head against a wall here and really loosing interest. I've been working on the NVQ for well over a year and i've submitted no work yet. Ever time i get a spare bit of time i pick up the laptop, read the criteria then my brain basically explodes when i'm trying to work out how to evidence it. I've spent quite a bit of money on this NVQ and i'm considering giving up, then saving up again to do the NEBOSH Diploma.

Please Help!!!!
Afternoon I too am doing the level 6 with Sheild, let me know if I can be any help, I am half way through now
I am doing it also, Ive completed 2 units and on with my 3rd, we could work together and help each other through
Davo

Post by Davo »

Hi Just seen this post I am doing my NVQ level 6 and need help and advice on some of the elements just some pointer would help as some of the questions I haven been involved in in my HS role
Hope some of you can help
Emma1588

Post by Emma1588 »

Hi, I have just passed my nebosh gc. I am a site manager and health and safety lead at a secondary school. I am looking to do the level 6. I would like to know if there is a decent company with which to do the course and what I can expect in the course. I am building the entire health and safety program at school from the ground up and fighting to change and extremely negative safety culture. Thanks!
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Good Morning Emma and Davo. Welcome to our forums. .salut

As you can see by the age of this post, many people have had (and still are) having difficulties with the NVQ Level 6 Diploma, which by all accounts is a really hard hard area of study.

As mentioned by Clairel above, regarding my link to another forum, https://hsestudygroup.proboards.com/ having very little input now, but using their search tool may offer some assistance, I registered to check it out and there are some words of advice which may help.

Within the search tools in the above forums, I also noticed a FB page, which I may add I personally cannot recommend one way or the other, as I am not a member and do not know the content within this private group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/912819112708836/ Perhaps it will help, but I don't know.

Good luck folks.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Baz35

Post by Baz35 »

Davo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:12 pm Hi Just seen this post I am doing my NVQ level 6 and need help and advice on some of the elements just some pointer would help as some of the questions I haven been involved in in my HS role
Hope some of you can help
Hi Davo
Still need some help? Let me know what you're struggling with.
Cheers
DKB

Post by DKB »

Hi,

Just came across this forum and realised its not just myself, who's finding out how difficult the L6 is. I was starting to doubt myself lol.

It would be great for some pointers or any help going forward.

I enrolled 7 month ago started a unit, done a little and I've kept putting it off since.

Thanks in advance.
iklepixie

Post by iklepixie »

hi wondering if anyone else out there is struggling with unit 2, section 1.4

1.4 Evaluate the statutory and workplace health and safety requirements relating to:

input of products and/or services
the conversion processes
output of products and/or services
inadvertent, unwanted or unnecessary goods, materials and waste of all types
employees, contractors and others affected by the organisation’s activities

any help and guidance greatfully recieved

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy