Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

The fit note: guidance for patients and employees

Post by Waterbaby »

../.

Updated 01 July 2022 :

" From July 2022 the Department for Work and Pensions has updated the law for the fit note so that it can now be issued by nurses, occupational therapists, pharmacists and physiotherapists in addition to doctors."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -employees

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: The fit note: guidance for patients and employees

Post by Alexis »

Well.........yet another outsourcing task from the NHS to the already over-worked, Nursing and other Professional staff shortages, which will end up being un-necessarily duplicated through the various levels/departments when Patients are referred from one referral to another referral and another referring back to the first one!!

I have seen this referral-referred-referring happening just this week via various NHS Departments on my own cases. If I were not retired and in the workplace requiring a sick-note, heaven help me as to whom would be the best Professional to provide one/two/three/four? My Doctor surely! Ultimately, my Doctor would have all the information from each area of the NHS collated, therefore best placed to offer sick-note if required?

The NHS is in such a guddle (mess) the Patients have to self-elaborate on their medical health to each Professional they interact with. Saves time, gets it right, nothing missed by trying to find past records.

I am all for technology and embrace it happily, but there was a lot to be said for the tangibility of the paper medical records. Flick a page and see it in black and white. Same records passed from hand to hand. Administration staff worth their weight in gold.

A bit of a rant, but.........is there an answer to the demise (as I see it) of our wonderful NHS?
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy