IMS system objectives

Discuss management systems in here, including - HS(G)65; ISO 45001; ISO 45003; ISO 14001

Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

IMS system objectives

Post by TWDB »

All,

I've heading towards my first Management review at my new company.

and wanted some advise on setting IMS objectives

We seem to as a company have lots of priorities, actions/ little projects that people are working on and on the go / just been agreed

i have recommended that we should bring these together in the IMS under headline objectives.

but my MD has questioned this approach and wants to set the high level objectives first and the actions then follow to meet the objectives - which i understand .

but with so many little tasks and actions being undertaken already setting high level and adding additional actions potentially wide mean that already identified priorities are lost? i was keen to bring in the actions and tasks identified within the objectives of the IMS so that they can be supported and clearly communicated to all staff

i wanted to bring the IMS closer to the company goals ateh priorities from which the little/ large projects etc have come from
any help and thoughts is appreciated in case i am just confusing matters - hope this makes sense?

thanks in advance

T .
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: IMS system objectives

Post by Blackstone »

Hi T,

Firstly are we talking 14001, 45001 and 9001?

The goals related to IMS and the standards should be the company goals.
The IMS should be integrated into the standard working practices of the business.

Initially i would almost not consider all these little projects and tasks when setting the objectives.
If it was me i would see what the company goals are. What is the company trying to achieve? Where is it going? What does top management want?
Objectives should be set to achieve what ever that is.

I've no doubt some/many of these little projects you mention will contribute to achieving those objectives.
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
Ian Rienewerf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Ian Rienewerf »

You can set the objective as ongoing continuous improvement.
Then the existing projects can be included and prioritised alongside the new objectives & targets.
http://www.irems.co.uk
Risk management for companies with 5 to 50 employees
TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Post by TWDB »

Blackstone wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:04 am Hi T,

Firstly are we talking 14001, 45001 and 9001?

The goals related to IMS and the standards should be the company goals.
The IMS should be integrated into the standard working practices of the business.

Initially i would almost not consider all these little projects and tasks when setting the objectives.
If it was me i would see what the company goals are. What is the company trying to achieve? Where is it going? What does top management want?
Objectives should be set to achieve what ever that is.

I've no doubt some/many of these little projects you mention will contribute to achieving those objectives.
Hi Blackstone full IMS with 9001, 14001, 45001

Thanks

T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy