Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonnie
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Complying with legislation

Post by Jonnie »

Dear All,

On a large construction project would it be normal to have a person in charge of ensuring compliance with UK legislation? A "compliance officer" of sorts.

Thanks in advance
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Complying with legislation

Post by Alexis »

Jonnie wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:34 pm Dear All,

On a large construction project would it be normal to have a person in charge of ensuring compliance with UK legislation? A "compliance officer" of sorts.

Thanks in advance
Good Morning Jonnie. Welcome to HSfB.

I am surmising you are not in the UK, but on a Construction Site in another country which requires UK Legislation to be carried out. Under UK Legislation, large Construction Sites are required to comply with CDM Regulations 2015, including:
Quote: "A principal contractor is appointed by the client to control the construction phase of any project involving more than one contractor."

The following link has information on all aspects of the health and safety requirements for large construction sites which should assist you.
https://www.hse.gov.uk/construction/cdm ... actors.htm

Hope this is helpful.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Jonnie
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Jonnie »

Hi and thanks for that.

I have worked extensively abroad and have an interview for an HS post on a large UK project with an overseas contractor. I have UK qualifications and am trying to shape in my head a team that may be involved. My weakness is that I have not worked with UK regulations for a while so was asking if it would be normal to have someone assigned to make sure we are compliant, liase with HSE etc. This has been the case in contracts abroad and was usually given to the HS Coordinator.

Thanks
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Jonnie wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:25 pm Hi and thanks for that.

I have worked extensively abroad and have an interview for an HS post on a large UK project with an overseas contractor. I have UK qualifications and am trying to shape in my head a team that may be involved. My weakness is that I have not worked with UK regulations for a while so was asking if it would be normal to have someone assigned to make sure we are compliant, liase with HSE etc. This has been the case in contracts abroad and was usually given to the HS Coordinator.

Thanks
Could one of our members who has worked overseas on this sort of contract reply to Jonnie (when you have a moment) in order to provide a more definitive answer? Many thanks in advance. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy