HSA (IRE) welcomes lowest level of work-related fatalities since records began

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

HSA (IRE) welcomes lowest level of work-related fatalities since records began

Post by Waterbaby »

../.

" Releasing provisional annual statistics for 2021 today (Friday 31st December), the Health and Safety Authority welcomed a 30% reduction in work-related fatalities. 38* people lost their lives in 2021 compared to 54 in 2020 representing the lowest figure recorded since the Authority was established over 30 years ago " (1989)

https://www.hsa.ie/eng/news_events_medi ... began.html

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: HSA (IRE) welcomes lowest level of work-related fatalities since records began

Post by bernicarey »

Certainly a welcome drop, but I wonder how much of that is simply due to Covid measures... .scratch
Based on extremely rough estimations of working age populations, I've just calculated that the UK workplace fatality rate is around 0.4 per 100,000 while those numbers would still give Eire a rate of 1.6 per 100,000.
So they have 4 times the UK rate.
I wonder if that could look a lot better if the various working activities were factored in, such as the relative numbers employed in Agriculture... .scratch .scratch
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy