Office Emergency Arrangements during Covid-19

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Carol

Office Emergency Arrangements during Covid-19

Post by Carol »

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this site and hoping for some guidance/best practice knowledge regarding Office Emergency Arrangements during Covid-19.

Whilst the return to office is currently voluntary on a 50/50 split, it is highlighted that we have had no Company qualified First Aiders on site. All of our Emergency Team members (First Aid/Fire Marshal/Defibrillator operators/Mental Health First Aid) are all volunteer staff members.

I would state that the building management staff are First Aid qualified and at least 1 x building management team member on site at all times.

My queries are:

Should my Company be reliant on the building management to provide First Aid assistance, knowing that in all likelihood that the Emergency Team (staff members) will also be working from home and not attending the office.

Is posting a communication on a Company intranet regarding Emergency Arrangements sufficient notification to staff with the possibility that not all staff will read the posted information?

If an accident/incident were to arise, would my Company be able to satisfy h&s regulations and be compliant if no Company qualified First Aiders were not in the office?

Are there other Companies that are experiencing any similar issues and decided against opening up the office and continue to have staff work from home?

I appreciate that I have asked a lot of questions, but having recently found this forum I'm hopeful of the support I will get and so thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions. :)

Muchos gracias
ddlh
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Re: Office Emergency Arrangements during Covid-19

Post by ddlh »

Can you advise what the operation is please? Just routine office work - or operations?
If you think safety is a pain, try a leg fracture.
Carol

Post by Carol »

I think it would be classified as routine office work
ddlh
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by ddlh »

We gad a system that if you were within 10 minutes travel to a medical centre then we would allow work to progress without a first aider on site but this was always an exception - usually at weekend.

I suggest you revisit your risk assessment and ask the building management staff if they would be willing to offer first aid assistance and get that permission recorded - e mail confirmation would suffice.

As for communications - this will only affect the people in the building so a first aid notice at entry point to your business area displaying the arrangements - ie In case of first aid requirement contact such and such.

Dave
If you think safety is a pain, try a leg fracture.
Carol

Post by Carol »

Thank you for your suggestions, particularly the posting of the emergency arrangements at the entry point to the business area.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy