Heatwaves & Working During the Covid Crisis

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Heatwaves & Working During the Covid Crisis

Post by Messy »

Well after being a bit (non Covid related) poorly, I had three days back in the office on a phased return this week. I will accept, it might have been too soon :roll:

It was a bit of a struggle, mainly as my new socially distanced desk is in an area where the air con is about as efficient as placing a single ice cube in the Albert Hall.

The tube was fun too. 30c yesterday outside and perhaps 45c when 25 metres down on the tiny Jubilee line trains - and wearing a facemask. I wouldn't say I was warm, but my face was hanging from my skull when I got home, like a lovely Sunday roast off-the-bone leg of lamb :shock: .

Today I am mainly working from home, or to be specific, from my patio being waited on hand and foot by my wife (one of those 3 x statements was fake- I leave you to guess which one!):roll:

I am not grumbling I promise, as I know lots of people have it worse than me - including the roofers across the road! Wherever you are I hope you are coping with the weather ./thumbsup..
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Heatwaves & Working During the Covid Crisis

Post by Alexis »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Once again you never fail to lighten any situation. clapclap

Of course, up here in Scotchland, it is never as warm as over the border, but we too find it difficult to cope with extreme heat (mainly anything over 8 deg.).

Yesterday (Thursday) my skin leaked profusely replicating a sieve and that was without a mask! I dread having to go for my shopping in the supermarket using the face attire, but it appears to be preferable to having my own age group pierce their eyes and project those hot hot hot daggers regurgitated from their very soul!! :angryfire:

I do feel sorry for anyone having to take trains or buses to get to their work, especially over the border in the tremendous heat you are experiencing. After the storms forecast over the next couple of days, hopefully it will cool down a little for you all. Take care. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Re: Heatwaves & Working During the Covid Crisis

Post by Messy »

Alexis wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:00 am
But we too find it difficult to cope with extreme heat (mainly anything over 8 deg.).
🤣🤣🤣🤣 That really made me chuckle

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy