Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NVQ Level 5 - Unit 402

Post by Alexis »

Hello, welcome and another thank you from me also Andy Mc. :wave: .salut

Good to have you aboard.
Andy Mc wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 am Hi Stevie,
I have just finished 402 and happy to share some pointers with you. Drop me a personal message.
Cheers
Andy
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
danwel
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Post by danwel »

Demoman10 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 pm Hi Alexis,

No 611. The training provider has emailed me the following:

Below is an example of the work required to complete unit 611.

Carry out health and safety research in relation to the role in the organisation.

Conduct research into legislation, guidance, standards, practice impacting the organisation

critically evaluate the impact of Legislation, guidance, standards, practice research (PESTLE) and summarise recommendations from the research conducted

Understand professional ethics in practice

Explain why codes of conduct and ethics are relevant to practice in the organisation, evaluate ethical issues in existing working practices in the organisation

Understand current issues of diversity and inclusivity in relation to health and safety

Outline the impact of diversity and inclusivity on the organisation. Explain the benefits and risks of diversity and inclusivity on the organisation and recommend suitable interventions to ensure inclusivity and dignity of individuals in the organisation

Apply the principles of CPD in your role

You will need to create a personal development plan including realistic goals (SMART plan). We suggest a 3 to 5 year plan.

Record outcomes of development activities and ‘critically’ reflect on your CPD.

The unit is assessed through 4 tasks. You will be notified at month 12 that you are eligible to complete the assignment and will have 30 days to do so. Please note you can only have one referral per task, should your resubmission not meet the criteria this will be classed as a fail.

It seems just to be another hoop to jump through. I'm sure similar isn't required if completing a NEBOSH Diploma.
Whats the title of the 611 unit and i will have a look at mine as i have just finished my NVQ.

Although it may be slightly different as you went the diploma route but there will be some crossover. Is this to get CMIOSH i presume ?
That's how we roll in our house baby!!!
danwel
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Post by danwel »

For those doing 402 or the NVQ in general, i literally treated each of the "assessment criteria" e.g 1.1,1.2,1.3 etc etc as a question and answered them with what i am doing that meets that criteria.

In my role as the project HSE Advisor I have the responsibility to support the Magnus Life Extension Project (MLXP) works scope within the Magnus platform and due to the increased number of personnel with the COSL Rival Flotel which is essentially a large floating hotel commonly referred to as a FLOTEL coming alongside the platform itself. As the Magnus platform currently has a very good safety culture which was evident form its low accident statistics and in fact the BP Magnus was one of the best performing platforms in the North Sea region. .I was keen that the arrival of the FLOTEL did not dilute down the existing culture.

I created an audit schedule in an Excel spreadsheet where the requirements of the management team was laid out and discussed at the daily management meeting at 3.30pm. Each day there would then be certain members of the management team that then had an obligation to conduct the various Tool Box Talk (TBT) audits, Safety Observation Conversations (SOC).

I held meetings with the various company directors and managers to set down the expectations of the project and how we expected them to comply, the daily management meeting was one particular meeting that was vital to the leadership team.

Prior to the MLXP project beginning I produced the MLXP HSE Handbook which was based on the current Magnus version and included the project specific information which was then given out to all new starts to the project as part of the initial induction process and was to be kept on their person at all times.

The MLXP HSE Handbook contained important information on the Safety charter for the project and set clear expectations of everybody whilst on the project.
That's how we roll in our house baby!!!
zinou022

Post by zinou022 »

Hello alexis,

Could you send me the same please?
Alexis wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:32 am Good Morning Stevie and a warm welcome to HSfB. :wave:

The Storyboard, reflective account bit seems to worry lots of people, but it isn't as bad as you may think.

I will PM you with a link that may be able to offer a starting point for you.

Good to have you join us. :D
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

Hi Zinou022

Welcome tot he forums :wave:

I am sure Alexis will contact you in due course.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Clairel
Student
Student

Post by Clairel »

Alexis wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:32 am Good Morning Stevie and a warm welcome to HSfB. :wave:

The Storyboard, reflective account bit seems to worry lots of people, but it isn't as bad as you may think.

I will PM you with a link that may be able to offer a starting point for you.

Good to have you join us. :D
Hi Alexis,

Would you mind sending me this information too please?

Thank you
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Hi Clairel.

PM sent.

ahrowley

Post by ahrowley »

Hello! Looks like I’ve found the right place for some advice. I’ve recently enrolled on the NVQ level 5 with the additional unit for CMIOSH. I submitted my first lot of evidence which seemed to totally miss the mark with very little feedback from the assessor on where I’m going wrong. As I left school quite some time ago, my confidence is a little shot after this.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to present the information?
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

ahrowley wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:01 pm Hello! Looks like I’ve found the right place for some advice. I’ve recently enrolled on the NVQ level 5 with the additional unit for CMIOSH. I submitted my first lot of evidence which seemed to totally miss the mark with very little feedback from the assessor on where I’m going wrong. As I left school quite some time ago, my confidence is a little shot after this.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to present the information?
Hi ahrowley

Welcome to the forums :wave:

Unfortunately I can’t help with layout etc as personally I didn’t do the NVQ :( ../.

There used to be a NVQ study group that a lot of members from HSfB belonged to, not sure if that is still alive or not .scratch

Alexis our HSfB Legend maybe able to update you on that ;)

Good luck with your NVQ journey

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Hi ahrowley and another warm welcome to HSfB from me. :wave:

I will send you a PM with some information of where you may be able to find some assistance.

Give me about an hour please and I will send a Private Message to you.

Good to have you aboard. .salut

ahrowley

Post by ahrowley »

Amazing. Thank you both for the warm welcome and support. That would be fantastic, thank you very much
dcn1982

Post by dcn1982 »

Hi,

I have just started unit 402, I have never done a city and guilds and im struggling on the format on how to answer the questions, Has anyone got any advise they could share.

Regards

Dave

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy