FRA technical courses

Discuss all things fire related and emergencies of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

FRA technical courses

Post by stephen1974 »

Any recommendations for FRA courses that focuses more on the technical conformity of a building than on the generalisations of the assessment. I'm coming across a lot of modified structures at the moment and often modified in house or on the cheap. Picture a big industrial unit that has then had walls and floors added in order to make storage spaces and offices. Or big old city buildings that were built long before fire regs were a thing.

I was looking at nebosh but I dont like nebosh. I like practical applications rather that lawyer speak.
Paul1979
Industry Sector: Property Management including H&S
Occupation: Property Manager including reviewing of H&S assessments and implementing remedial actions...or trying to justify why they are over the top and an alternative solution can be found!!

Re: FRA technical courses

Post by Paul1979 »

Hi Stephen, it's not a FRA course as such, but the FPA offer a great course (3 days) on building regulations using ADB and BS9999. Might be of interest??
"If life were predictable it would cease to be life and be without flavor." ../.
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by stephen1974 »

Thanks. Certainly along the lines of what im looking for but the price is somewhat excessive at £900.
Paul1979
Industry Sector: Property Management including H&S
Occupation: Property Manager including reviewing of H&S assessments and implementing remedial actions...or trying to justify why they are over the top and an alternative solution can be found!!

Post by Paul1979 »

Hi Stephen, yes - but honestly, I personally felt it was well worth it - the chap that delivered the course was superb and you can ask as many questions as you can (including specifics which I found really useful).
"If life were predictable it would cease to be life and be without flavor." ../.
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by stephen1974 »

Its more a case of putting that sort of money together from my own pocket than the value of what you get from the course. More a case of cant do rather than wont do.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy