Its a sad day...

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

benstacey

Its a sad day...

Post by benstacey »

The other week I took my little ones to my childhood park, a lovely wooden park that had seen better times, as I was going up to the little fort I spent most of my nights and whole summers in as a child and spent a whole day painting with my friends it wobbled underneath my feet as I went up it.

I took some pictures and a video of me pushing it slightly to show how unstable it was, now I hear thanks to my report they are tearing it down.

It breaks my heart, where I wrote all my "B.S 4 whoever was my girlfriend at the time", where I drank my first beer stolen from my friend's dad liquor cupboards will soon be torn down thanks to me.

If it means that a child doesn't get injured or worse, then I guess it was worth it.
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: Its a sad day...

Post by bernicarey »

Has to be done. Far too many councils don't do regular enough inspections and it's down to the public to report.
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Re: Its a sad day...

Post by Messy »

You soppy bugger Berni 😉

You are right, keeping our kids safe is important but it's sad to see your memories being taken from u like that🙁

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy