Consultancy

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

kngc
Industry Sector: Health and Social Care

Consultancy

Post by kngc »

Hi All

I am after a generic set of terms and conditions for consulting and wondered what, if anything you all used; have you generated your own or used a generator online or used a solicitor etc?

If anyone has an example, that would be great!!!!

Thx all

K
Safety is no accident!
Andyblue

Re: Consultancy

Post by Andyblue »

I tend to use T&Cs that are brief and deal only with the contract and payments - its brief but lays out who we/they are, what is being offered as a service (consultancy) and that the client will make payment within agreed timescales and any get out clauses or penalties they/I may incur. If the contract says payment within 28/30/45/90 days etc, then they get a letter on day 29 to remind them that it is my discretion on whether I will invoke excess penalties for late payment and not theirs. In a previous role I worked mainly with solicitors and been on the cusp of small claims courts with them for late payment and the T&Cs was sufficiently robust that I always got paid including interest (Set high interest level to encourage prompt payment).
What I actually do for them is usually covered in a more flexible letter of agreement, that can be updated, added, altered or amended as things progress. But the underlying part about payment remains the same, even if there are changes in what is being done or asked to be done.

What sort of work are you looking at and what type of client are you expecting to deal with. ~You may find the client wants to propose a contract / terms then is up to you on whether you accept or set your own.
kngc

Post by kngc »

Hi Andyblue

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at starting small and expanding progressively. Supporting a soft services company at present, using it as a bit of a tooth sharpener for now as I need to cut my teeth with minimal risk!

Would live to get a sneak preview of your initial T's and C's if you are comfortable with that. Not a problem if not.

Thx

K
Safety is no accident!
Andyblue

Post by Andyblue »

Hi K, pm an email address and we'll see what can be done.
Cheers
Andy
kngc

Post by kngc »

Andyblue wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:25 pm Hi K, pm an email address and we'll see what can be done.
Cheers
Andy
Done and thank you ....... apologies for the delay in responding.

K
Safety is no accident!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy