NEBOSH Diploma E-Learning

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

RichC1981

NEBOSH Diploma E-Learning

Post by RichC1981 »

Hi All

I am thinking about signing up for an e-learning NEBOSH diploma with Astutis. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me out?

Firstly - I read on RRC website that they recommend doing a NEBOSH general certificate first. I have around 14 years experience in construction management, and have a pretty good grasp of relevant H&S legislation, CDM, risk management etc. as relevant to that field. I have completed a 4 day IOSH managing safely course, plus various other H&S courses relevant to working on utilities sites (high voltage electricity, gas etc.). Do you think this is sufficient grounding?

Secondly - has anyone had recent experience of Astutis e-learning? Are there any others I should consider? They are not the cheapest, but still a lot less than classroom based (out of my reach as self funded), and have seen good things written on here.

Thanks in advance!

Richard
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NEBOSH Diploma E-Learning

Post by Alexis »

Hi Richard. :wave:

A very warm welcome from me.

I am going to let our members who have gone down this route offer their thoughts on your queries.

Look forward to hearing what decision you make.

Good to have you aboard. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Safetysmurf
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Construction and Manufacturing

Post by Safetysmurf »

Hi Richard,

I personally did all of my studying up to Nebosh Diploma level, e-learning. It is very demanding and you have to be disciplined when studying. I started with IOSH managing safely, then onto nebosh cert then nebosh diploma. I think that without doing the cert I would have struggled with the dip, but again that's your choice. The cert does give you a good grounding in h&s.
Before this I also had over 15 years in construction. If your brave go for the dip??
I studied with Sheilds and found them good.

Hope this helps

SS
apf
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Ports and Logistics

Post by apf »

Don't underestimate the time, effort and self-motivation required to do a Diploma over distance learning. It is a real struggle!

If you are going down that route I'd advise you to get the NGC under your belt first - you'll need a solid grounding not only in H&S but also the "NEBOSH way".

As far as course providers go, pick one with decent tutor support. I've have posts removed before for naming the company I used who basically took the money and left me to it so I won't name then but is sounds a bit like Santa...

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Hello,

I am currently doing the NEBOSH Diploma online course with Astutis.

I basically jumped into the diploma without doing the general certificate and only had 1 year Health and Safety experience.

I started the course in summer 2017 and have successfully passed all three exams and submitted my dissertation this week.

It is difficult but if you are willing to put the time and effort in then you will be fine!!

You will have a tutor with astutis that you can email/phone if you have any questions. They also carry out webinar revision sessions before the exams which I found very helpful!
Thunderchild
Twitter: @sjuggins
Industry Sector: Warehouse and Manufacturing

Post by Thunderchild »

apf wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:48 pm Don't underestimate the time, effort and self-motivation required to do a Diploma over distance learning. It is a real struggle!

If you are going down that route I'd advise you to get the NGC under your belt first - you'll need a solid grounding not only in H&S but also the "NEBOSH way".

As far as course providers go, pick one with decent tutor support. I've have posts removed before for naming the company I used who basically took the money and left me to it so I won't name then but is sounds a bit like Santa...

Good luck with whatever you decide.
This was basically my provider, exactly the same. Took the cash and only contacted me at exam time. I even had to buy the books on top of their course.

Doing it via e-learning is hard and there is definitely the "NEBOSH way". Unfortunately I was (if I'm honest) not dedicated enough (work, life, family) nor do I speak NEBOSH language so I only managed to pass B&C failing A 5 times (twice missing by 1%) and the dissertation 3 times. After the 5 years I threw in the towel. Do not underestimate how much dedication this will require, this will be the first Christmas in 5 years that I am not studying! I had done the certificate and passed that and I have 10 years varied health and safety experience 6 of which was in construction.

I am looking to start the NCRQ route instead.

Good luck.
joe1111

Post by joe1111 »

Any recommend at this time, Nebosh international diploma with Astutis or RRC. I really like the new syllabus, more interesting than old syllabus.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy