Moderator: Moderators

grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: goodtogosafety
Industry Sector: Safety inspection systems

Free trial to HSfB members prior to launch of new TakeAIM app

Post by grim72 »

As a long term member and contributor to the HSFB forum I couldn’t think of a better place to announce the launch of our brand new TakeAIM app that will help companies to carry our pre-use inspections of their workplace equipment. Following discussions with Jack Kane and Alexis we are happy to give pre-launch access to the app to members of the forum and give you the opportunity to sign-up and test the app for free before it goes live in January 2019.

I’ve seen a few posts in recent months asking about mobile safety apps and have had to bite my tongue whilst we continued the work on our own app development until we were happy to go public (by the way I had no idea how much work would be involved with developing an app, it’s not something I’m planning to do again any time soon lol) .

To find out about the app and to sign up to the free trial please visit http://takeaim.goodtogosafety.co.uk/dashboard-help

TakeAIM will not be live for downloading in the app stores until the New Year and will only be accessible on Android phones for the trial period. So if anyone is interested in accessing and participating in the free trial leave a message and I will send you a link, allowing you to download the app onto your mobile phone.

All we ask in return is for feedback on how you find the functionality/usability of the dashboard and the app to help us tweak/make further improvements prior to the official launch. We think the system will prove a popular and effective tool for equipment maintenance and asset safety and we hope that the forum members will enjoy testing out TakeAIM’s capabilities during the trial period.

If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a private message or leave a comment below and I’ll try to get back to you.
Last edited by Jack Kane on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grim72
Good to Go Safety - Providing you with a safer workplace

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: Free trial to HSfB members prior to launch of new TakeAIM app

Post by Waterbaby »

Good luck !! clapclap clapclap

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by grim72 »

Thanks WB, our first venture into the world of apps but hopefully we've developed something that will prove popular/useful - just let me know if you want to have access to it for a look/play around. Note there is no need to enter payment/card details etc for the trial (I hate when you have to do that lol) and no catch. Once the trial is over you can just uninstall the app or sign up to the full service in the New Year. So nothing to lose in giving it a go I guess.
Grim72

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes
grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by grim72 »

Just a quick follow up to say thank you to those that have been in touch to register their interest and also to let you know that the app is now available for both Android and Apple users via the respective app stores (just search for takeaim). You will still need to register online first in order for us to activate your free trial which will last throughout December.

https://takeaim.goodtogosafety.co.uk/register

Any questions or queries feel free to drop me message. Initial feedback has been positive so hopefully the ability to test it on Apple phones will generate additional interest.
Grim72

grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by grim72 »

We now have a nice new YouTube video that gives a bit more info on what the new app offers - take a minute to check it out (2 minutes 45 seconds to be precise) and if you decide to give it a go just sign up and drop me a line so we know to give you full free access throughout December as a forum member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3NEN0c ... e=youtu.be
Grim72

abarnett
Snr Member
Snr Member
Twitter: @adb82
Industry Sector: Warehousing

Post by abarnett »

Hey Grim,

looks good - quick question, does the app record how long a check has taken e.g. if a FLT operator just clicks through the system, would I be able to check that?

Andy
Safety doesn't happen by accident
grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by grim72 »

Hi Andy,

Thanks for signing up - it isn't something we have set up at the moment but shouldn't be a big job for us to add that function during the next update (probably a couple of months), I'll be keeping a record of all feedback/suggestions for additional functions/improvements.

I can't promise we'll be able to action all of them but will try our best if there is a good reason to do so. I can certainly see the benefit of adding this one.
Grim72

Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

grim72 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:13 am We now have a nice new YouTube video
Yes you do ./thumbsup..

I'm really liking the app so far. We have our maintenance supervisor trialling it on MEWPS and I've just helped set up our yard supervisor to trial it on a couple of fork lifts. Monday I'll be kicking the trial off over in our warehouse on a couple of fork lifts.

The guys really liked the individual checklist items having the short explanation of exactly what to look for. It's not just a tick box of 'tyres', tick, done. It gives additional info on what could be a fault condition.

Will there be a future option of reviewing inspection reports directly from the app?

Also, I can make this topic a sticky announcement for a while to get more visibility if you like, let me know.

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by grim72 »

Glad to hear it's proving positive - did you get the QR codes OK and manage to link them to the checklists?

Having access to view the completed report on the app is in the pipeline for the next phase of updates (I'm also wanting to add the function of timing the inspection to remove the risk of someone simply speeding through them). We suspect the next phase of updates to happen around March time, after we've had feedback from trials and customers to see if anything else gets flagged up.

Feel free to pin/stick the post and to promote/recommend to anyone else you know that might like it. Everything is now live and running on both the website and the app stores so it is available to anyone that wants it as of now (though we wont be actively promoting it until the New Year.

If you want me to pop over any time just let me know. Thanks for the feedback to date.
Grim72

grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by grim72 »

The 7-day free trial is now available to everyone that wants to test out the app. Just sign up at https://takeaim.goodtogosafety.co.uk where you will also find the download links for the app.

At the end of the trial you can now leave a review at https://www.capterra.com/p/182596/TakeAIM/

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or in need of help/advice please feel free to message me and I'll get back to you asap. I'm also sending out free QR codes to HSfB members to help them get the most out of the trial (again just leave a message below if you need these sending out).

The feedback to date has been great and we've had some excellent suggestions for future additions/improvements that we will look to roll out over the coming months.

Whatever equipment you have you'll be able to carry out your daily/weekly/monthly/annual inspections to help cover all your PUWER/LOLER requirements. We've even got people using it for their fire extinguisher/alarm checks now and for site inspections (so not just equipment). Exciting times and happy to have the support of the forum members.
Grim72

grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by grim72 »

Another quick update - we have now added fire equipment inspections to the app (extinguishers, blankets and doors) to help with your monthly checks, I know there are a lot of fire safety guys on the forums so might be one for you to test out. Remember you can try for free when you sign up at https://takeaim.goodtogosafety.co.uk
Grim72

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy