NGC 1,2,3

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

MatthewAnthony

NGC 1,2,3

Post by MatthewAnthony »

First off I would like to say hello and good day to you all, my name is Mat and I have hit a brick wall on my study for the NGC in occupational health and safety I was hoping if anyone could give me some time and a few pointers that may help me understand this NEBOSHED .scratch criteria a little better,

many thanks,

Mat.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NGC 1,2,3

Post by Alexis »

Hello and good morning to you too Mat. :wave:

Welcome aboard the best place to help with your NEBOSH journey. :D

I will send you a Private Message (PM) later this morning, but in the meantime, our main site pages are full of free downloads that will definitely help with your study. https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/

If you go to the Study Support area of our forums, then click on the NEBOSH Certificate area, this will bring up loads of past topics that you can search through, one of which you should print off, as it will certainly help a lot. http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/fo ... f=2&t=6133

We also have a Search bar at the top right hand corner of the forums page, which will also help if seeking specifics.

NEBOSH "speak" which we are told does not exist, is, at first, a pain to grasp, but once it clicks into place (and it will), you will be fine. ./thumbsup..

Good luck with your study and don't hesitate to ask anything that you are not sure of..........please read the following regarding NEBOSH copyright
http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/fo ... 12&t=20609
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
MatthewAnthony

Post by MatthewAnthony »

Thanks for the links the other day much appreciated, but I have hit a brick wall, with work commitments which are at an all time high, I am becoming more and more emotionally tired as the days go by, and I am really struggling taking in all the vital information on the NGC e-learning course, I have even started playing the audio books at night while in my sleep hoping something will sub consciously sink in, I am in a right old study mess is there any hints, tips or tricks you can help me out with alexis as I would be very thankful for the valuable information,

Mat.
Safetysmurf
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Construction and Manufacturing

Post by Safetysmurf »

Hi Matthew,

My advice to you is take it at your own pace! It's e-learning and you determine what pace you go at!
If you have work commitments, then they must come first! Fit your studying around your lifestyle to suit you and your family!
You also need to commit time to your studying and be very self disciplined with yourself! setting times aside when you will study and trying to stick to these.
I would also suggest starting with NGC1 and then being examined on that (when you're ready!) and then move onto NGC2. or vice-versa. (doesn't really matter).
There is a lot to take in and the downloads on here really do help with mindmaps etc. Take notes when you are studying - these help refresh your memory nearer to the time for exams.
Forget about the command words for nebosh exams until you're ready for the exam.
One other thing - if you don't understand something - ask away on here and there will be lots of members that will help you through.
Good luck on your journey

SS
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Safetysmurf wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:31 am Hi Matthew,

My advice to you is take it at your own pace! It's e-learning and you determine what pace you go at!
If you have work commitments, then they must come first! Fit your studying around your lifestyle to suit you and your family!
You also need to commit time to your studying and be very self disciplined with yourself! setting times aside when you will study and trying to stick to these.
I would also suggest starting with NGC1 and then being examined on that (when you're ready!) and then move onto NGC2. or vice-versa. (doesn't really matter).
There is a lot to take in and the downloads on here really do help with mindmaps etc. Take notes when you are studying - these help refresh your memory nearer to the time for exams.
Forget about the command words for nebosh exams until you're ready for the exam.
One other thing - if you don't understand something - ask away on here and there will be lots of members that will help you through.
Good luck on your journey

SS
Hi Matthew. :wave: Smurfy's advice is spot on, especially doing your e-learning at your own pace.

The only thing I would add to Smurfy's post is to find a place at home that you can set up your study area. Somewhere quiet if possible where you won't get disturbed.

When you enter your study area, make sure you have a designated time set to be there. Perhaps set one hour stints and discipline yourself (as Smurfy has already said) to only do that one hour at a time, then leave the area for a break, or until your next designated time.

Bite-sized pieces is the way to go.

Once you set out your study regime, you will find things will sink in.

I personally think you shouldn't be playing this stuff in your sleep. Without your brain being given the opportunity to recoup, things will only get messier until you crack. Please try just going to sleep and dream about life, not NEBOSH!

We are all here to help outwith dreamland. ;) bighug
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy