Chartered Status Duration

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Safety Man

Chartered Status Duration

Post by Safety Man »

Hi All,

I was a tech member of IOSH some years ago but didnt really use or require the IOSH status so allowed my membership to lapse.

In recent years I have achived the Level 5 Diploma and looking at enrolling back with Iosh as Tech and then I believe I will gain Grad status with my Level 5 diploma.

My question is: How long will it take for me to gain Chartered status, I know everyone is different but I am looking for the shortest time to complete all the requirements. I have a bit of time on my hands at the moment so hoping to reach chartered status. I understand that IOSH is not easy and I am not looking to cut corners, more trying to establish the time frames and if i am able to reach chartered status while time allows for me at the moment.

Apppreciate any advice and comments.
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: Chartered Status Duration

Post by bernicarey »

Hi Safety Man

Well. keeping this short and sweet, contact Membership Services at IOSH for detailed advice, but basically, yes you join as Tech and then within a few weeks once they have verified your Diploma, they'll give you Grad.

After that, it depends on how quickly you can do the required development portfolio and succeed with the Peer Review Interview. The full process is explained on their website. You can,I believe, register on the website without being a member.

I'd say allow 18-24 months, if you get all your ducks in a row, especially completing all the Development Portfolio.

The Peer Review isn't a walk in the park either. You have to understand the process as well as know your stuff. .salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Robborobbo
Student
Student

Post by Robborobbo »

Hi.

There is no longer a time frame to wait after becoming a graduate member before being awarded chartered.

Depending on the mode of study you completed to register as a graduate member will dictate whether you complete a mini NVQ style or online exam based IPD.

After registering as a graduate member I managed to complete the mini NVQ style IPD programme and pass the peer review within 2-3 months.

As I have been in H&S for many years prior to becoming graduate I had a lot of evidence already and it was just the case of sitting down and compiling the information.

Rob.
soulassasin101
Student
Student

Post by soulassasin101 »

Hi , you could do it in around 6 months.
Call up and pay the fee, with the NVQ you need to sit the open assessment, they are run monthly i'm sure.
Once complete and passed ensure your CPD is up to date. 1 entry for every 2 months i think it is.
Ensure you have a development plan in place covering the next 0-6 months.
then book a peer review interview and then wait.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy