NGC Successes, failures and confusion. A couple of questions.

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

GaddyDaddy

NGC Successes, failures and confusion. A couple of questions.

Post by GaddyDaddy »

Hi.
I've got a few questions that I've grouped together as they're not really substantial enough for individual posts, and are hopefully all quick answers.

I posted here when I first decided to sit the NGC. If you're a regular, you may recall I'm the guy who was expecting a child.
Well, child is here now, but soon after sitting the exams we went through a bit of hell. We're out the other side and our newborn is thankfully doing great, but it put everything on the back burner for a while.

Anyway, my questions...

1. I FAILED ~(I know, I was referred) for my NGC1 and NGC2 exams. Only by a mark or two, so I forked out for the re-mark in the hope they'd gather a point or two in my favour.
This was back at the start of March and I still haven't heard anything back on these...

2. HOWEVER... A week back, I did receive a certificate from my course provider. This has the following words on it. "H+S Practical application. A Unit of the NEBOSH NGC...." Then my name, then '"Achieved this module on"...
This isn't IT, is it? They didn't remark my exam submission, pass me on review, then issue this certificate without any further contact?
I mean, I'd love it if this is the certificate, but I have a feeling that this is for the NGC3 which I....

3. PASSED! my NGC3 Practical (06 December 17), but the result was far below what I'd hoped for. I really thought I'd pass with flying colours as I had a decent amount of experience and all of the revision and guidance tips seemed to be guiding me down a path I was familiar with.
I was wondering if anyone would fancy a look over my submission to help with areas for improvement. I'm pushing towards H+S as a career and just want to make sure I'm on the right track.
I sent my forms to my (distance learning) course supplier and they pointed a few areas for improvement, but didn't really go in to too much detail.

Any help anyone could provide would be appreciated.
I know I can go back to my course provider for these, but the last time I posted on these fora, things progressed. I'm sort of trying to do a posting NEBOSH rain dance.

Thanks.
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: NGC Successes, failures and confusion. A couple of questions.

Post by bernicarey »

Hi

Well briefly, unless things have changed in the past 10 years, each unit within the range of NEBOSH Certificates gets you a small A5 size 'parchment'.

The actual 'Certificate', i.e. General, Construction, Fire or Environment, earns you a A4 clearly stating the title of the Certificate.
So as you surmised, the A5 mini parchment called "H+S Practical application. A Unit of the NEBOSH NGC...." is exactly that, the Practical part of the NGC.

I'll let someone else, who has used the EAR system, come in and tell you how long that takes since I have no experience of doing so. .salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

SKD
Student
Student

Post by SKD »

EAR result time scales can be found on page 9 http://www.nebosh.org.uk/fileupload/upl ... 735133.pdf
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

SKD wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:06 am EAR result time scales can be found on page 9 http://www.nebosh.org.uk/fileupload/upl ... 735133.pdf
Hi SKD. :wave:

Welcome aboard and many thanks for this link. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
GaddyDaddy

Post by GaddyDaddy »

Yeah, according to the email I've received, the EAR result is due by about 25th May.
I just thought they'd maybe be a few days before the deadline.

Thanks for the replies though. I did suspect that was the case for the certificate.
Thanks.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy