Good luck !

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

jls17

Good luck !

Post by jls17 »

Hello - Good luck to everyone sitting a Diploma exam this week... hopefully it will be third time lucky for unit A for me.
MaNdy_tt

Re: Good luck !

Post by MaNdy_tt »

Hey, good luck to you and everyone else writing. I'm sure you'll get it this time around. For me its unit b, hoping for the best.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Fingers crossed for you all!
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Best of luck to you all. .salut clapclap
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
AdamUK
Student
Student

Post by AdamUK »

Good luck everyone taking it.
Gringo1972
Student
Student
Industry Sector: offshore

Post by Gringo1972 »

What did everyone think of unit A, I thought it was a horrible paper ! Thoughts please.
Thunderchild
Twitter: @sjuggins
Industry Sector: Warehouse and Manufacturing

Post by Thunderchild »

I thought when I read it "oh this ain't too bad" then when I started answering the paper :banghead:

Just the agonising wait. This was attempt number 5 for me. I just can't get this one but it will be the last. I'll go NVQ if I don't get it this time.

I have stopped myself looking up the answers, I'll just end up upsetting myself if I do.
jls17

Post by jls17 »

It was my third attempt at Unit A and I also had a go at Unit B... my brain is fried - can't even remember any of the questions I answered!

Thought unit A was better than July 2017 sitting. Just hoping for a pass.
Unit B was horrible on the first read through but then I gave myself a dead had after all the writing... just hope it was what the examiner wanted to see as an answer.

Quite unsettling that someone left after an hour in Unit A made me think I was rubbish as I was only on question 3 - were they really fast at answering or did they crash?

Hope everyone did ok.
Thunderchild
Twitter: @sjuggins
Industry Sector: Warehouse and Manufacturing

Post by Thunderchild »

An hour :shock:

I was worried as I did it in 2.5 hours. I'm not positive as I don't think I wrote enough. Only used half an answer book.
Morv88

Post by Morv88 »

I wouldn't worry too much about the person that left after an hour, they definitely didn't finish.

Unit B seemed a good paper however my exam conditions were not. The hotel we were in had building works- so power tools working during the exam and the workers radio. We got told to stop and were moved to a new room half way through. Completely ruined my thought pattern and the other candidates. A disaster. NEBOSH is hard at the best of times so a distrupted exam makes it impossible.

My course provider and NEBOSH have been rubbish regarding it. Guess will just have to see in April but expected at resit. Oh and a massive complaint to the provider.
🙈
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Morv, I, like yourself had a somewhat fraught situation whilst sitting my NEBOSH exams.

About a third of the way into my exam, (in a room by myself with adjudicator) there was a terrible commotion outside the room door, then door burst open and umpteen physically and mentally disabled young adults, very confused, piled into my tiny room.

After my adjudicator finally managing to assist the young adults and ushering them to an outside fire door, it turned out that the College Lecturers had called an immediate strike and had walked out!

Although my adjudicator did her very best to settle me again and did allow half an hour for the disruption, all thoughts had gone from my head. .pale I got a refer. .pale

I do hope you did alright and get that all important pass. Good luck. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Morv88

Post by Morv88 »

Hi Alexis,

God that's quite the exam too! Glad you agree that once something like that happens you just can't get back into it. I just wanted to get the hell out of there but pushed till the end writing the most basic things that came into my head. Definitely not Diploma level answers.

I'm expecting a refer but they should have a better system in place for such conditions. I've had nothing from NEBOSH. The impression I get is you could suffer an earthquake and they'd still be saying that you should have passed.

The pass is the goal and as long as it happens this year I'll be happy. But the thought of going back to the books for B is something I don't look forward to.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy