GC3 Moderation

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

rocketman
Student
Student

Re: GC3 Moderation

Post by rocketman »

Looks like I am going down the route of re-submitting a new GC3 in November. My boss is gunna look over it and the couple of guys at the training provider are also going to help a little more this time. So, if all goes to plan it will be 31st January 2018, when I find the results again!

All for one chuffing mark!
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

Just spoken to my training provider about my GC3, who is a very experienced trainer with 29 years in the business, with accreditations as log as my arm: BSc (Eng), PhD, PG Dip H&S, CFIOSH, CEnv, MIoD - as well as being an ex-HSE inspector. Suffice to say he was as gobsmacked as me! He actually marked my GC3 with 85 marks! Which would have gotten me a credit.

He went on to tell me that my observation sheet got 30/30, which NEBOSH actually agreed with, but he doesn't understand why they have marked me down in other areas. He is going to scan their examiners report and send it me to see where I can get an extra few marks.

In a way I feel a bit better about it all now, I was certain I had done a good job and he has verified this for me. If I'm honest the mark NEBOSH gave me knocked my confidence somewhat, to the extent of considering a careers change, wondering if I was following the correct career path. He appealed and has now lodged a formal complaint to them.

Oh well, at least I don't have to re-write it all, just flesh it out a bit in my executive summary and conclusions.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

rocketman wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:07 pm Just spoken to my training provider about my GC3, who is a very experienced trainer with 29 years in the business, with accreditations as log as my arm: BSc (Eng), PhD, PG Dip H&S, CFIOSH, CEnv, MIoD - as well as being an ex-HSE inspector. Suffice to say he was as gobsmacked as me! He actually marked my GC3 with 85 marks! Which would have gotten me a credit.

He went on to tell me that my observation sheet got 30/30, which NEBOSH actually agreed with, but he doesn't understand why they have marked me down in other areas. He is going to scan their examiners report and send it me to see where I can get an extra few marks.

In a way I feel a bit better about it all now, I was certain I had done a good job and he has verified this for me. If I'm honest the mark NEBOSH gave me knocked my confidence somewhat, to the extent of considering a careers change, wondering if I was following the correct career path. He appealed and has now lodged a formal complaint to them.

Oh well, at least I don't have to re-write it all, just flesh it out a bit in my executive summary and conclusions.
Thank you for the update Rocketman.

Sounds like you have a good Provider. Really pleased to hear of this follow-up and even more pleased to hear you aren't going to give up your H&S career. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

Alexis wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:55 am
rocketman wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:07 pm Just spoken to my training provider about my GC3, who is a very experienced trainer with 29 years in the business, with accreditations as log as my arm: BSc (Eng), PhD, PG Dip H&S, CFIOSH, CEnv, MIoD - as well as being an ex-HSE inspector. Suffice to say he was as gobsmacked as me! He actually marked my GC3 with 85 marks! Which would have gotten me a credit.

Thank you for the update Rocketman.

Sounds like you have a good Provider. Really pleased to hear of this follow-up and even more pleased to hear you aren't going to give up your H&S career. .salut
Thanks. They are paying for the re-submission as well, which I think is good of them.
Maz72

Post by Maz72 »

Hey Rocketman! I have just received the dreaded ‘your Practical has been sent for Moderation’ email after my exam in September. Got to wait to Feb, can anyone confirm that I will still receive the results of NGC1 & GC2 at the actual results time which I anticipate will be in the next few days.....?
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

Maz72 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:23 pm Hey Rocketman! I have just received the dreaded ‘your Practical has been sent for Moderation’ email after my exam in September. Got to wait to Feb, can anyone confirm that I will still receive the results of NGC1 & GC2 at the actual results time which I anticipate will be in the next few days.....?
Hi Maz,

Yes you will get the other results on time, good luck!
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

Also, I will get my results for my resubmission of the GC3 the same time as you, lets hope its a good day for both of us!
Maz72

Post by Maz72 »

rocketman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:10 pm Also, I will get my results for my resubmission of the GC3 the same time as you, lets hope its a good day for both of us!

Thanks, Rocketman- hope results day went well for you! Got my Pass in NGC1 & GC2 - just need to wait til Feb now for the Practical result. Our entire cohort of ‘Boshers are having their Practicals moderated.....
FroggySam

Moderation

Post by FroggySam »

Hi everyone,

I had an email today saying my GC3 has been selected for moderation :shock:

Can anyone tell me why NEBOSH do that? Is it a random selection across the board or does it mean there could be a problem?

Their email didn’t really explain.

Thanks in advance.

Sam
fs1982
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Engineering - Welding/Fabrication

Re: Moderation

Post by fs1982 »

Don't quote me on this but as far as I know the GC3 assignments are marked by the tutors at the individual training provider and the results forwarded to NEBOSH unlike the exams which are forwarded to NEBOSH for marking. A selection of the papers from the selection of the establishments are then selected for moderation to ensure that all establishments are marking to the same standards. It will probably mean that you will have to wait longer for your results.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi FroggySam. :lol: :wave:

A very warm welcome to you. Good to have you aboard.

fs has got it correct, so no need to worry for yourself. .salut

I am going to merge your moderation post with the other one running at the moment. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
FroggySam

Post by FroggySam »

Ok thank you so much.

I was having a panic!

Great to be on board too.

It’s so frustrating - another 40 days to wait now 😞

Xx

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy