GC3 Moderation

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

rocketman
Student
Student

GC3 Moderation

Post by rocketman »

Annoyingly NEBOSH have decided to request our groups CG3 practical assessments for moderation purposes. 

They say it could take 40 days and may not get the result until 6th Oct. NGC 1 and GC2 results will still be issued on time.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and can you tell me how long it usually takes, surely not the entire 40 days!

Thanks
Mrs P
Student
Student
Twitter: @CakeTowers
Industry Sector: Local Authority

Re: GC3 Moderation

Post by Mrs P »

Yes, it happened to me last year and as I recall, we finally got the results about 5 days before the 40 day deadline. It's an absolute pain having to wait even longer than usual for results - just do your best to try and forget about them until they arrive.
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

Thanks, that is a long time, thought it might have been quicker. The fact the 2 exams are issued on time almost makes it bearable. Cheers for replying.
Lex1212189
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Lex1212189 »

That is a nightmare rocketman BUT in my experience and what I have seen here.....more people struggle on the exam papers opposed to the practical?

How do you feel the practical went ?
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

I feel it went really well tbh, but there's always that doubt in the back of my mind lol. Just wish I could have had all the results at once like yourself, but what you gunna do eh? Sure it'll be fine.
Lex1212189
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Lex1212189 »

I bet my life on it that you have passed the practical. Passing the exams demonstrates your level of knowledge so I am assuming you have applied that to the practical.

As you said though, its just the wait.

Please keep me informed on your results :wave:
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

Lex1212189 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:59 pm I bet my life on it that you have passed the practical. Passing the exams demonstrates your level of knowledge so I am assuming you have applied that to the practical.

As you said though, its just the wait.

Please keep me informed on your results :wave:
Haha hope so! 6th October is the latest date they gave us, hoping it will be done well before then. I'll let you know.
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

NEBOSH have now moved the goalposts and they are now saying because they didn't receive our papers until the 15th August we won't get them until 11th October. They have really took the shine off getting my results...I am really cheesed-off about it and with NEBOSH as well :evil:
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

rocketman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:03 pm NEBOSH have now moved the goalposts and they are now saying because they didn't receive our papers until the 15th August we won't get them until 11th October. They have really took the shine off getting my results...I am really cheesed-off about it and with NEBOSH as well :evil:
This is awful for you all Rocketman! I think NEBOSH need a wee rocket or two to hurry this along for you all. .pale They must be having a lot more difficulties than they first thought. ;)

Hope your results come sooner.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

Well after all that I failed by one mark, I honestly can't believe it! Most of our class failed after moderation (We ALL passed the exams). Our course provider have submitted an appeal.

I was certain I had passed, I even had 2 H&S officers with Diplomas and 1 H&S officer with a degree in OH&S who all looked over it and gave me some pointers. If I have to write another one it would be very similar, I just don't understand where I have gone wrong, and NEBOSH sure won't tell me.

FOUR MONTHS OF WAITING AND ONE MARK SHORT! Still can't get my head around it!

Anyway, that's my rant over, does anyone know what happens when a course provider appeals? As I understand it to have an EAR the candidate has to sign to agree to it. Any information anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

rocketman wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 am Well after all that I failed by one mark, I honestly can't believe it! Most of our class failed after moderation (We ALL passed the exams). Our course provider have submitted an appeal.

I was certain I had passed, I even had 2 H&S officers with Diplomas and 1 H&S officer with a degree in OH&S who all looked over it and gave me some pointers. If I have to write another one it would be very similar, I just don't understand where I have gone wrong, and NEBOSH sure won't tell me.

Anyway, that's my rant over, does anyone know what happens when a course provider appeals? As I understand it to have an EAR the candidate has to sign to agree to it. Any information anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks.
Awwww I'm gutted to hear this Rocketman!!

As you know, it is the Provider who marks the practical using the NEBOSH guidance for providers, so It looks to me as though NEBOSH have decided the provider is at fault and not the individual Students, which I think your provider must be worried about their certification for teaching the course, thus their appeal submission.

Here is the information you need.
http://www.nebosh.org.uk/fileupload/upl ... 481042.pdf
https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/curr ... ef=42&ct=2

I am not sure who will pay for this EAR! With so many of you being referred, I would be asking the provider to pay for you all. If it were only a couple of you, then each individual would be liable, but this case is different, so make sure you ask the question about payment.

Once again, so sorry about this and good luck with the EAR.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
rocketman
Student
Student

Post by rocketman »

Alexis wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 am
rocketman wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 am Well after all that I failed by one mark, I honestly can't believe it! Most of our class failed after moderation (We ALL passed the exams). Our course provider have submitted an appeal.

Awwww I'm gutted to hear this Rocketman!!

As you know, it is the Provider who marks the practical using the NEBOSH guidance for providers, so It looks to me as though NEBOSH have decided the provider is at fault and not the individual Students, which I think your provider must be worried about their certification for teaching the course, thus their appeal submission.

Here is the information you need.
http://www.nebosh.org.uk/fileupload/upl ... 481042.pdf
https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/curr ... ef=42&ct=2

I am not sure who will pay for this EAR! With so many of you being referred, I would be asking the provider to pay for you all. If it were only a couple of you, then each individual would be liable, but this case is different, so make sure you ask the question about payment.

Once again, so sorry about this and good luck with the EAR.
Thank you. I have just heard from my course provider and they are hoping to hear off NEBOSH tomorrow and will update us then. Fingers crossed!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy