How far can in investigation go?

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

ohreally
Student
Student

Re: How far can in investigation go?

Post by ohreally »

Re the sending of recorded del communications, I make a point of never accepting R/D mail unless I'm expecting a del of some sort. Recorded del is for the senders benefit so unless I know what it is, the mail will go uncollected.
Andyblue

Post by Andyblue »

Just a little after thought on sending a recorded delivery letter and its value. I'd suggest acknowledgment of delivery to a given address in these circus has no real value and tending to be unproductive to the aim or progressing the enquiry. We still don't know if the employe is at the address, moved on, still in hospital - its not like service of summons with assumptions on the recipient address. Imagine being the recipient of that letter whilst your leg is still in plaster, the meds are debilitating, the discomfort agonising and just to add to your speedy recovery, a very official letter (which is what it would be if sent by RD) that reminds you of your employee responsibilities. Wow, what a message that sends to all employees - fear not they will get to hear what has happened - that the management have completely ignored my welfare or asked if they can help with hospital appointments and such like, not a get well card or even box of chocs, in their caring sharing way, their first contact after my significant accident is a formal, demanding and impersonal letter.
Be bold, be pro-active with the enquiry, consider the employee's recovery and knock on the door (remember chocolates). Nothing to lose and everything to gain
Bindo
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Food Manufacture

Post by Bindo »

Andyblue wrote:Just a little after thought on sending a recorded delivery letter and its value. I'd suggest acknowledgment of delivery to a given address in these circus has no real value and tending to be unproductive to the aim or progressing the enquiry. We still don't know if the employe is at the address, moved on, still in hospital - its not like service of summons with assumptions on the recipient address. Imagine being the recipient of that letter whilst your leg is still in plaster, the meds are debilitating, the discomfort agonising and just to add to your speedy recovery, a very official letter (which is what it would be if sent by RD) that reminds you of your employee responsibilities. Wow, what a message that sends to all employees - fear not they will get to hear what has happened - that the management have completely ignored my welfare or asked if they can help with hospital appointments and such like, not a get well card or even box of chocs, in their caring sharing way, their first contact after my significant accident is a formal, demanding and impersonal letter.
Be bold, be pro-active with the enquiry, consider the employee's recovery and knock on the door (remember chocolates). Nothing to lose and everything to gain

clapclap Thanks for your post Andy, i was beginning to feel like an ogre after page 1 of this thread!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy