App's - Do you use / would you use?

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

cmiosh69

App's - Do you use / would you use?

Post by cmiosh69 »

Do any of you use safety apps, if so do you find them useful and would you pay for a good one?
Macca86
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Construction

Re: App's - Do you use / would you use?

Post by Macca86 »

Hi CMIOSH69

iAudior is very popular and ideal for checklist / inspection etc. plus it is free.

I use APPS to give an indication of noise pressure levels (I have verified the results with a calibrate noise meter and difference is minimal).

Technology is having and will continue to have a huge impact on our lives. It can be used to streamline and simplify the way we operate to make our systems and processes more efficient. Any APP to be sellable needs to have what H&S professional need and want but each will want something different, so the APP would needs to be modular to cover a variety of industries.

Mac
“Safety is not an intellectual exercise to keep us in work. It is a matter of life and death. It is the sum of our contributions to safety management that determines whether the people we work with live or die” -Sir Brian Appleton
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi cmiosh69 and Welcome to HSfB. :wave:

If you go to our Search Function at the top of this page and key in the words - safety app - it will bring up past posts that may offer some assistance until others come into this post.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
gfsw

Post by gfsw »

not using apps. I expect me not to need one. I expect the employees to be working safely from knowledge taught and remembered. As safety is something you do I have a tendency to steer away from such stuff. It is very usefull for me to process KPI data so that senior management can look at it .
I think you can spend a lot of time with data, collating, checking etc but it gets in the way of the work which pays the wages.
I see large companies spending oudles of money to eliminate a probability that is remote.
I see companies spending money on tech stuff but not enough on training individuals to a true level of confidence.
Its Monday morning, good question that allowed me to pontificate, but where theres smoke theres fire.
cheers,garry
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

I used to use I-Auditor as mentioned above.

Our company uses work mobile from Salesforce. The app is free but am sure there is costs involved for the hosting etc.

We use it for auditing and linking it live to an online job/estimate so the client, us and the supplier can all see it.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
sharprc
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Post by sharprc »

I have a couple of apps for light measurement & sound measurement. Handy if out and about to give an indication before I pull the calibrated stuff out of the cupboard.

Also use a couple of apps for auditing and suchlike.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
swalter

Post by swalter »

I don't currently but I have just downloaded IAuditor and it does look impressive so I am going to give that a tried as it should cut down on paper work.
Marko72
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Marko72 »

I would probably use this one:

http://www.citb.co.uk/health-safety-and ... izard-app/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now all Ineed is a smart phone to download it.
stretch3144
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Health and Safety Consultant

Post by stretch3144 »

I've just done a First Aid at Work re-qualification with St John Ambulance, and I can thoroughly recommend their First Aid app - available on Android, iOS and Blackberry. Can't provide any links as I'm on the work PC.
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Post by Waterbaby »

stretch3144 wrote:I've just done a First Aid at Work re-qualification with St John Ambulance, and I can thoroughly recommend their First Aid app - available on Android, iOS and Blackberry. Can't provide any links as I'm on the work PC.
Well done ./thumbsup.. here's the link _ http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/support-us/th ... e-app.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a wee reminder ;) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
Marko72
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Marko72 »

Waterbaby wrote:
stretch3144 wrote:I've just done a First Aid at Work re-qualification with St John Ambulance, and I can thoroughly recommend their First Aid app - available on Android, iOS and Blackberry. Can't provide any links as I'm on the work PC.
Well done ./thumbsup.. here's the link _ http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/support-us/th ... e-app.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a wee reminder ;) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WB

Thank you, very useful!

Mark
cmiosh69

Post by cmiosh69 »

what would an app have to do to tempt you to purchase it?

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy