Dismissal?

Post all your health and safety law questions in here, whether it's case law, general law, individual Acts or Regulations you are challenged with, we are all here to help.

Moderator: Moderators

Gladiator
My Name is Maximus Decimus Meridius
My Name is Maximus Decimus Meridius

Re: Dismissal?

Post by Gladiator »

I'm going to decline to say anything further without a whole lot more information. The forums are for general advice 'mostly' and as such one can only generalise. Without more information (and I don't know that the public forum really is the place in this particular case) it is therefore extremely difficult to be definitive without actually being present through further investigation.

G
acko 338
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: From July 1st - Director / Owner of Black & White (UK) Ltd as well as Glyn Atkinson Safety Services - self employed Health and Safety Consultant / Advisor / Technical Author.
Location: GRIMSBY TOWN - I NOW KNOW HOW TO DEFINE OPTIMISM !!

Re: Dismissal?

Post by acko 338 »

Disciplinary process for both worker AND all management concerned with allowing the safety breach, surely??

Don't forget that a lot of workers are not in a position to argue with a management instruction - not all have union or safety rep representation, or even an agreed safe working process or monitoring system, and they are totally reliant on being kept in work to support their families, often hand to mouth, with each week's earnings being immediately spoken for upon receipt.

"Do it or you're sacked" comes to mind to make someone keep their job, and this is found often to be the case with unscrupulous management allowing unsafe acts wilfully in order to get their work process done cheaply - and why some of us are on here !
http://atkinsonsafetyservices.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also sole director of Black & White (UK) Ltd - looking for more training and consultancy work.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy