Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Stonehenge
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Automotive

IEMA Environmental Management Course

Post by Stonehenge »

I think I can safely say like most people I know, those of us in health & safety normally end up picking up environmental responsibilities as well. I have a fabulous colleague who picked up environmental here and she has the brain for it and understands it really well but it's been hinted on more than one occasion that I need to start looking at taking some on and supporting with a view to possibly taking it over, so have enrolled on the IEMA associate certificate for environmental management.

A different tack to my normal routes which has been NEBOSH courses (health and wellbeing and fire safety and risk management) plus my diploma as well, so it is very different.

I know a fair few of you have done the certificate already. I am awaiting my login in details as I need to crack on with it when I get back from holly bogs.

So, before I get going, are there any tips, advice or general information anyone has to set me on the right track? I have the RMS Environmental book already which I have yet to read, but if anyone has any nuggets of advice I would be more than happy to take them on board.

Thanks all
Angie..
Practice makes perfect, apparently.....

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy